Forums
Posted By: jilly Fridge freezer broken down - 5th Dec 2014 6:18pm
My fridge freezer has broken, waited in all day for a repairer. He never turned up. Can anyone recommend a repairer.
Posted By: venice Re: Fridge freezer broken down - 5th Dec 2014 6:53pm
No sorry . However sometimes if the freezer has got itself a bit over-iced it will give up , and defrost, but often will restart working a day later ,so if youve switched it off when you realized it appeared broken, try it back on after a day. Good luck!
Posted By: jilly Re: Fridge freezer broken down - 5th Dec 2014 7:15pm
Ok. Will try it, Cheers
Posted By: j_demo Re: Fridge freezer broken down - 5th Dec 2014 7:51pm
if all else fails, WIRE down by seacombe has some fridge freezers. went down there with a few mates who were moving a couple of months back and they got a really nice big american style one for £80 when it would have retailed at easily £700

it was spotless inside and works fine, no idea why it was so cheap but we snatched their hand off for it. took 4 of us to get it in the van mind.
Posted By: jilly Re: Fridge freezer broken down - 6th Dec 2014 10:41am
Thanks it seems to have worked, fingers crossed.
Posted By: venice Re: Fridge freezer broken down - 6th Dec 2014 2:50pm
Excellent. The advice I was given after that, was to make sure I never put in food till it was properly cold, and dont leave the doors open too long whilst you're choosing stuff , both of those things put a heavy demand on it trying to stay cool .
Posted By: jilly Re: Fridge freezer broken down - 8th Dec 2014 5:57pm
Its still working,Thanks for the help.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral