Forums
Posted By: chris58 roof cleaning - 24th Oct 2014 10:07am
Has anyone ever had one of these companies in who clean your roof then put some type of seal over it? Ive seen it done once near my sister's house, and not long after the slates started shifting!just wondering is it worth getting done.thanks
Posted By: saltytom Re: roof cleaning - 24th Oct 2014 11:01am
I am on a job in Oxton the owners have had 3 lots of prices ranging from £1500 to £4800 for a small bungalow none of the companies filled me with confidence.
I have yet to find out what the benefits are and the companies just waffled.
Posted By: venice Re: roof cleaning - 24th Oct 2014 11:03am
Dont know about slates moving angle, but the property behind us had it done about 5 yrs ago or more, and its now covered in same amount of crud as the one next door to it who never had anything done . Dont know what firm did it though sorry.
Posted By: chriskay Re: roof cleaning - 24th Oct 2014 11:34am
I know that some firms who do this have been featured on Watchdog as cowboys. I'd avoid it at all costs.
Posted By: Bernard46 Re: roof cleaning - 24th Oct 2014 1:13pm
Why would you need someone walking on your roof damaging the slates or tiles.
The cleaning of gutters, Down pipe's and grids is a good Idea..
Your window cleaner may be able to help for an extra few quid..
Posted By: chris58 Re: roof cleaning - 24th Oct 2014 8:48pm
Thanks all. I have reservations myself i wondered if more harm than good. Thank you again for your advice
Posted By: fish5133 Re: roof cleaning - 24th Oct 2014 10:59pm
Seen a bungalow done in Irby---looks very nice and bright when finished--but why and how long will it last? If you have a roof leaking its unlikely that coating tiles will rectify the problem. Personally wouldn't waste money on it. By all means get moss clumps scraped from joints but the lichen is fine.
Posted By: chris58 Re: roof cleaning - 26th Oct 2014 10:36am
The roof isnt leaking it just has moss clumps on it. Never thought of just getting them scraped off had visions it was a bigger job. Thanks youve saved me a few bob!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral