Forums
Posted By: vw_kyle Can I scrap a car without a log book. - 12th Oct 2014 8:25pm
My friend got a log book loan on his car for 500 a couple of weeks ago, Today is cambelt snapped and now the engines knacked. He Carnt afford to get the engine replaced so wants to strip the car and sell the parts to pay the loan back. Can he strip the car to bare shell and weigh the car in with out a log book.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Can I scrap a car without a log book. - 12th Oct 2014 8:34pm
Yes he can he just needs to show Id I have scrapped loads without log book
Posted By: Dilly Re: Can I scrap a car without a log book. - 12th Oct 2014 8:36pm
I think you can as long as you show photographic ID such as passport .
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Can I scrap a car without a log book. - 12th Oct 2014 8:40pm
seemingly you can!!
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Can I scrap a car without a log book. - 12th Oct 2014 8:49pm
Thanks.
Posted By: lansyp Re: Can I scrap a car without a log book. - 13th Oct 2014 1:34pm
What car was it ,my son needs parts for a 206
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Can I scrap a car without a log book. - 13th Oct 2014 1:37pm
Vectra c
Posted By: lansyp Re: Can I scrap a car without a log book. - 13th Oct 2014 2:32pm
Oh well ,you should atverise it on here there are bound to be some takers
Posted By: chriskay Re: Can I scrap a car without a log book. - 13th Oct 2014 4:10pm
Originally Posted by lansyp
Oh well ,you should atverise it on here there are bound to be some takers

You might want to advertise it too. wink
Posted By: danjaylai Re: Can I scrap a car without a log book. - 13th Oct 2014 4:22pm
I'm not sure he's allowed if there's a loan secured against it.
Technically the loan people own it until he's paid them back.

Posted By: Finney Re: Can I scrap a car without a log book. - 13th Oct 2014 4:47pm
Originally Posted by danjaylai
I'm not sure he's allowed if there's a loan secured against it.
Technically the loan people own it until he's paid them back.

I'm in agreement with this one, as the loan states it's a log book loan if the balance is not paid then the vehicle acting as the security is repossessed and auctioned off to pay outstanding balances and fees. I would suggest your friend contacts the loan company asap to discuss the matter first or they may end up with either the bailiffs or court action.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Can I scrap a car without a log book. - 13th Oct 2014 5:37pm
From Log book loans advice :

If your vehicle is sold

If the amount it is sold for is less than the amount you owe, you will still be responsible for paying the shortfall. A logbook loan company can take you to court to get this money back.

So it is ok to sell or dispose of the vehicle but the loan still must be paid. Very sad if people have no option other than to borrow from these sharks.
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Can I scrap a car without a log book. - 13th Oct 2014 8:42pm
Thanks for all your advice I will let him no.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral