Forums
Posted By: fillbo Leasowe lighthouse webcam image - 13th Sep 2014 3:47pm
Anybody know what this is. WebcamAn captured image from Leasowe Lighthouse webcam.Link to webcam.

Attached picture Leasowe.PNG
Posted By: bazzoh Re: Leasowe lighthouse webcam image - 13th Sep 2014 5:18pm
It's the roof of the lighthouse and what looks like a mini weather station
Posted By: davew3 Re: Leasowe lighthouse webcam image - 13th Sep 2014 5:26pm
Speak to the people at the Lighthouse they are really nice people, Steve Cumberlidge runs WirralCam as he put the camera up he will know and he is also a member of the lighthouse group.
Posted By: fillbo Re: Leasowe lighthouse webcam image - 13th Sep 2014 5:55pm
Originally Posted by bazzoh
It's the roof of the lighthouse and what looks like a mini weather station

Thanks.when you look at the webcam,now it has updated and refocused.it looks completely different,when I first saw it,I didn't see it as the roof,I thought it was the fields and they where large structures in the fields.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Leasowe lighthouse webcam image - 13th Sep 2014 9:33pm
Been busy so I didn't check, but it shows is a weather station, sometimes the weather affects the housings and steams the glass up, more noticeable on the FPR ones, the East camera at FPR is inside and the windows take a hammering with the salt spray, Steve does a good job keeping them in order.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Leasowe lighthouse webcam image - 14th Sep 2014 7:55am
Ah,just worked it out,FPR = Fort Perch Rock,I think!
Posted By: Camera Re: Leasowe lighthouse webcam image - 15th Sep 2014 10:43pm
Hi Guys, sorry the camera is covered in bird poo at the moment and there has not been any rain to wash it off. The white plastic box is the ultrasonic wind speed and direction detector ( no moving parts ). Hope to get a better camera up there soon.
Keep watching
Cheers
Steve
http://www.wirralcam.org
© Wirral-Wikiwirral