Forums
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Loans, Where to go? - 12th Jun 2014 6:27pm
My past history with credit has not been too great, like most. But however over the past 12 months, I have been building it back up. I've financed a car in the past 6 months, been accepted for credit cards.

Now the finance was taken out on an affordability test, not a credit score. I needed to prove my income and show that I can manage re-payments.

I'm now looking for a loan for a little business venture, does anyone have any idea if there is anyone out there like my finance company who go down the road of affordability rather than credit score?

Mostly appreciated in advance!
Posted By: Finney Re: Loans, Where to go? - 12th Jun 2014 7:31pm
Try Tesco Bank. I have used these several times and the interest rate is normally a lot cheaper than my bank.
Posted By: rossie Re: Loans, Where to go? - 13th Jun 2014 5:51am
If you have problems apply for an Enterprise Finance Guarantee loan under written by the government.Or apply through Wirral Biz or whatever it is called now.
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Re: Loans, Where to go? - 13th Jun 2014 9:57am
Any idea where to start with that? Who would I need to get in contact with.

Thanks
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Loans, Where to go? - 13th Jun 2014 10:01am
I found this about Wirral Biz:

http://www.senw.org.uk/business-support/wirralbiz/

But their link goes to a holding page and references to this:

http://commercehousewirral.co.uk/
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Re: Loans, Where to go? - 13th Jun 2014 10:43am
Yes, I tried wirralbiz earlier and they are non-existant now.
Posted By: rossie Re: Loans, Where to go? - 13th Jun 2014 7:53pm
The Enterprise loans are available through the banks and you can apply direct yourself but the advantage of going through the likes of Wirral Biz is that they draft up a business plan to support your application.
There are other loan schemes around including peer to peer lending but you have to be careful with these as there are a lot of wide boys and they demand too much equity.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral