Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Recommend me someone to quote for damp course - 16th Apr 2014 3:44pm
Just wondering if anyone has any experience, and / or can recommend someone to give me a quote on some possible work to my damp course.

Over the winter we have noticed a few couple of places around the house were mould has developed very low down on some walls. I suspect it could be one of a few things, damp course, failed outer render (it has some cracks), or leaks where windows have been fitted and not sealed correctly.

Im pretty sure its not condensation, but obviously need an expert to have a look and quote for any repairs.

...so, any recommendations....?
Presume the walls are outside walls where the mould has appeared . check the outside ground level has not gone above the damp course level --like flower beds and decking. If its just local patches then there is a new product which puts in a special vented brick on the outside--the air flow around the brick and helps dry things out.
Yes, outside walls.

No changes have been made to any ground levels, so pretty sure nothing it built up higher than the damp course level.

The house did have some recent new glazing before we moved in, and the damp is under a window and either side of a sliding door, so it may be that they are not sealed and water is coming in there.

I'm no expert however, so I'm just guessing and using some logic. Got a few PMs to follow up, so I'll get a few opinions and quotes and take it from there smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral