Forums
Posted By: carol Train to Manchester Airport - 10th Apr 2014 2:13pm
Has anybody used the train from Lime Street to Manchester Airport. If so, how near is the station to Arrivals and Departures? And does it run all night? I am going out on a daytime flight but coming back at midnight. Anyone recommend it, or maybe not ??
Posted By: zippy44 Re: Train to Manchester Airport - 10th Apr 2014 6:15pm
it is a good service if you post times will give you the rundown on times
Posted By: j_demo Re: Train to Manchester Airport - 10th Apr 2014 6:32pm
check the National Rail website typing in your to and from locations, what time's you want and it'll give you any trains on or around that time and will even tell you how much and if there's any delays or engineering works and any changes you might or will need to make. it's a very useful thing when it comes to travelling by train to places you've not been before. but to book tickets in advance i always use thetrainline.com as they're cheaper for pre-booked tickets.
Posted By: carol Re: Train to Manchester Airport - 11th Apr 2014 11:19am
Many thanks. My main concern is how near to the airport the station is. Will I need to get a taxi/bus to arrivals/departures when I get off the train?
Posted By: rossie Re: Train to Manchester Airport - 11th Apr 2014 12:02pm
It goes into airport no further transport required.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Train to Manchester Airport - 11th Apr 2014 12:35pm
Originally Posted by j_demo
i always use thetrainline.com as they're cheaper for pre-booked tickets.

http://www.redspottedhanky.com/
This site is even cheaper; no fees.

From memory, it takes about five minutes to walk from the station to the departures, all enclosed; just an extension of the airport.
Posted By: carol Re: Train to Manchester Airport - 11th Apr 2014 2:07pm
That's great. Thanks.
Posted By: Raven61 Re: Train to Manchester Airport - 11th Apr 2014 7:41pm
http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/Content/AirportDetailedViewMaps
Posted By: Nomad Re: Train to Manchester Airport - 11th Apr 2014 10:29pm
you could consider National express, they have one from the airport back to Liverpool leaving at 1.45

About £7

nomad
© Wirral-Wikiwirral