Forums
Posted By: Alonso The brown bin collections. - 2nd Apr 2014 5:24pm
I paid for this service last year, but looking at the web it seems as if those who didn't want to pay, had their garden waste bins emptied from October. Does anybody know what the state of play is for this financial year? I would have thought the council would have included a memo to us all in the latest council tax demand letter. Ours is due for emptying tomorrow, that's if they call as per the fortnightly arrangements.
Posted By: alan128 Re: The brown bin collections. - 2nd Apr 2014 6:19pm
I believe the brown bin charge runs up to 31 May 2014 before it needs renewing, but I have not seen what the charge will be.
Posted By: Alonso Re: The brown bin collections. - 2nd Apr 2014 7:17pm
Originally Posted by alan128
I believe the brown bin charge runs up to 31 May 2014 before it needs renewing, but I have not seen what the charge will be.
Thanks for that. I've noticed a neighbour further down the road has put their brown bin out. So hopefully they will empty ours tomorrow. Cheers!
Posted By: ManxCat Re: The brown bin collections. - 3rd Apr 2014 2:03pm
Our brown bins will emptied until the end of May when the current subscription runs out. We can renew for another year via the Wirral Borough Council website from mid April. Emails and letters will be sent out to all current subscribers to this service. As to costs, these are yet to be confirmed but you will still receive a discount for renewing online.
Posted By: Alonso Re: The brown bin collections. - 3rd Apr 2014 8:10pm
Originally Posted by ManxCat
Our brown bins will emptied until the end of May when the current subscription runs out. We can renew for another year via the Wirral Borough Council website from mid April. Emails and letters will be sent out to all current subscribers to this service. As to costs, these are yet to be confirmed but you will still receive a discount for renewing online.
thanks for that. I'd forgotten when we paid it. They came today and emptied ours. So no problems. Cheers!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral