Forums
Posted By: Brown_Horrocks Garden wall Repair - 13th Feb 2014 10:55am
Lost a section of fencing in last nights storm, it was attached to the top of a garden wall and the force of the wind brought the fence down and ripped off a course of bricks from the wall(loosened some other bricks as well).

Can anyone recommend a bricklayer who could give an estimate please? Wall is best part of 100 years old so may need a partial/full rebuild.

Thanks
Posted By: Salmon Re: Garden wall Repair - 13th Feb 2014 2:44pm
Won't your insurance cover it and they will appoint a builder.
Posted By: Brown_Horrocks Re: Garden wall Repair - 13th Feb 2014 3:27pm
Unfortunately not, my insurance excludes storm damage to boundary fences and walls - I think that is a common exclusion with most insurance policies
Posted By: chriskay Re: Garden wall Repair - 13th Feb 2014 4:29pm
Originally Posted by Brown_Horrocks
Unfortunately not, my insurance excludes storm damage to boundary fences and walls - I think that is a common exclusion with most insurance policies

Yes, that's pretty well universal. However, if the fence then causes damage to the house, maybe by breaking a window, the damage it causes is covered.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Garden wall Repair - 14th Feb 2014 11:07am
Try Kent brickwork. He is in wallasey. Vinny Kent 07720632097. Rebuilt a chimney stack for more last year
Posted By: Brown_Horrocks Re: Garden wall Repair - 14th Feb 2014 11:35am
Originally Posted by fish5133
Try Kent brickwork. He is in wallasey. Vinny Kent 07720632097. Rebuilt a chimney stack for more last year

Thanks, will give him a ring
© Wirral-Wikiwirral