Forums
Hi everyone, Anyone travelling to Liverpool from Wallasey on Christmas Day? My son and his fiancee are staying with me Christmas eve but need to get back the next day. maybe share petrol and pay for tunnel? Am stuck for ideas. Think a taxi would be megabucks! Thanks for reading!
As far as I'm aware, both tunnels are closed on Christmas Day, so you'd have to go all the way down the Wirral and then over Runcorn Bridge to come all the way back up again.

Astronomical Taxi fare but I'm quite sure there are no public transport services running on the 25th.

Taxi or swimming seem to be the only ways. Unless you go over to stay with your Son instead of the other way round.
Wallasey tunnel is open on Christmas day.
Wrong, Mark has already put up a post about the Tunnels, over on the right hand side..
here is the link aswell
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/844823/Planned_Mersey_Tunnel_closures.html
There you go, it seems the Wallasey tunnel is open then!

Originally Posted by ginD59
Hi everyone, Anyone travelling to Liverpool from Wallasey on Christmas Day? My son and his fiancee are staying with me Christmas eve but need to get back the next day. maybe share petrol and pay for tunnel? Am stuck for ideas. Think a taxi would be megabucks! Thanks for reading!
Your over your private message allowance.
Hi, the Birkenhead tunnel is always closed Xmas day. Merseytravel are operating some free buses this Christmas but I don't have any of the routes, but it may be worth checking out.

Taxi's are not as expensive as you think. I regularly get one from my mums in Crosby to Oxton on Christmas day and it's about £25, it's only £17 on a normal day but not much difference.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral