Forums
Posted By: nicoletia Claughton Street/Exmouth St junction by ASDA. - 7th Dec 2013 11:48am
Hi All,

This question may sound really stupid by I feel that I need to ask it since someone nearly crashed into me on a number of occasions.

I usually shop in ASDA and take the very left lane to join the traffic on the Exmouth St and follow Oxton Rd to head back home. The aforementioned lane is with a filter light only and I proceed through it since it's green. I keep to the left unless the right lane is clear so that I can position myself to turn right into Oxton Rd. Can anyone who is proceeding from Claughton St turn right while I am proceeding through the green filter light?I have checked google maps and it appears that they have no filter light so my understanding is that they should both give way to the oncoming traffic and to vehicles turning left like mine to turn right. Or am I mistaken?

Thanks for your help.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Claughton Street/Exmouth St junction by ASDA. - 7th Dec 2013 12:06pm
Explanation here

http://www.drivingtesttips.biz/traffic-lights-sequence.html
Thanks bert1. I have checked that website and the highway code. I know that I have a priority but was confused as to why it happened to me twice this week and also yesterday to my husband. I assume that I should have to be more careful when approaching that junction.
Similar problem at Arrowe Park--there is a green filter arrow to turn left when coming from Birkenhead and heading up towards Thingwall but immediatrely after the filter arrow is a double give way line--caught me out a couple of times. Think the addage "never assume anything" when driving should keep you safer
Posted By: bert1 Re: Claughton Street/Exmouth St junction by ASDA. - 7th Dec 2013 1:24pm
Nico,

if you mean here, its marked give way.

be careful,

Attached picture lights.JPG
Fish, bert1 thanks.I will try to be more careful.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral