Forums
Posted By: colin86 plumber advice on boiler - 5th Dec 2013 10:09pm
hi guys looking for advice on our boiler which has left us without hot water for 3 weeks now and the guy we have had out hasn't a clue what he is doing and i'm tired of waiting for him to figure out what the problem could be.

Three weeks ago our boiler (main combi he 24) flame failure light started flashing red every time we turned the hot tap on and has done it ever since although the heating has been working throughout.

anyone who is qualified to give us advice/help i would be very grateful .
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: plumber advice on boiler - 5th Dec 2013 10:27pm
Link here to the manual..
Click Me
Posted By: Salmon Re: plumber advice on boiler - 5th Dec 2013 11:13pm
If the guy you have working does not know then probably time to get somebody else in.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: plumber advice on boiler - 5th Dec 2013 11:21pm
Originally Posted by colin86
hi guys looking for advice on our boiler which has left us without hot water for 3 weeks now and the guy we have had out hasn't a clue what he is doing and i'm tired of waiting for him to figure out what the problem could be.

Three weeks ago our boiler (main combi he 24) flame failure light started flashing red every time we turned the hot tap on and has done it ever since although the heating has been working throughout.

anyone who is qualified to give us advice/help i would be very grateful .
Give this person a call Clicky
Posted By: colin86 Re: plumber advice on boiler - 5th Dec 2013 11:24pm
whole purpose of this ad bud smile
Posted By: colin86 Re: plumber advice on boiler - 5th Dec 2013 11:26pm
and cheers willo dropped that guy a message
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: plumber advice on boiler - 6th Dec 2013 12:18am
Long time ago, my heating stopped working, so I called out the expert. He quoted £250 to replace the extractor fan (Boiler wont work at all, if it cant extract gasses). I said I`ll think about it. I went out and bought a new fan for £150 from that place down Argyle Steet Industrial Estate. I fitted it easily and the heating then worked. I checked out the old fan, gave it a good clean and Wd40`d the workings and then oiled it and it worked like a dream... wasted £150. Ummmm.
Then it was my mission to never waste money again. Over time I have replaced the circuit board, the main valve, a red solonoid for the pilot light, a black solenoid for the main jet, the wire and ignition thingy for the spark. Learned to clean out the jet for the pilot light. Replaced the air pressure switch, which does something LOL . Replaced the plastic tubes which had cracked/perished to the pressure switch, I think that maybe it for now. Non of which cost me a fortune.
So, reading the manual could lead to fixing the boiler yourself if it does not entail gas connections.
Even so, you could look clever by telling the gas man what is wrong and not giving him the chance to over-charge maybe.
My boiler and I go together like cheese on toast :-)
Posted By: Alonso Re: plumber advice on boiler - 6th Dec 2013 7:58pm
Originally Posted by colin86
and cheers willo dropped that guy a message
Steve's a good man, and he won't be out to kid you. Good luck with your problem boiler.
Posted By: colin86 Re: plumber advice on boiler - 6th Dec 2013 9:16pm
cheers bud
Posted By: spider Re: plumber advice on boiler - 6th Dec 2013 11:19pm
Same problem I had,The domestic hot water heat exchanger had lime scale init.I removed it and used called a liquid descaler and put it back and all is well ever since.No messing with the gas side of the boiler only the water.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral