Forums
Posted By: Excoriator Mysterious piles of whitish powder - 28th Nov 2013 4:28pm
Seen in the docks as you drive along Gorsey Lane towards the Duke St. Bridge. Great piles of dirty white powder.

Sheer nosiness of course, but what is it? Salt seems unlikely as it has been left open to the weather. I would guess china clay, but for all I know it could be cocaine!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Mysterious piles of whitish powder - 28th Nov 2013 5:41pm
it's rock salt.
Posted By: Nighteyes Re: Mysterious piles of whitish powder - 28th Nov 2013 5:52pm
it's been there for over a year
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Mysterious piles of whitish powder - 28th Nov 2013 6:40pm
Its the EU Beak mountain, following 911 the government decided that the risk posed by running out of beak was so great they would stockpile a few thousand tonnes in key locations.

Its pure and uncut straight from Columbia, if any country, political movement or terrorist pod kicks off, we have our stash stored ready to supply Birkenhead.

Of course if prosperity and jobs return it will be removed to allow people to get on with normal lives.

I for one sleep better knowing its there.

K
Posted By: Dilly Re: Mysterious piles of whitish powder - 28th Nov 2013 6:45pm
Originally Posted by kamikazi
Its the EU Beak mountain, following 911 the government decided that the risk posed by running out of beak was so great they would stockpile a few thousand tonnes in key locations.

Its pure and uncut straight from Columbia, if any country, political movement or terrorist pod kicks off, we have our stash stored ready to supply Birkenhead.

Of course if prosperity and jobs return it will be removed to allow people to get on with normal lives.
if that was beak as you call it, it would all have been snorted in the first 3 months. :-)

I for one sleep better knowing its there.

K
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Mysterious piles of whitish powder - 29th Nov 2013 1:09am
If it were rock salt, it would no longer be there.

Salt is very soluble in rainwater. There appears to be no evidence of any erosion, even after a year or so.

Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Mysterious piles of whitish powder - 29th Nov 2013 1:51am
It mentions it on this site.. about half way down the page.
http://www.canalscape.net/Footnote/Footnote.htm
Posted By: Dilly Re: Mysterious piles of whitish powder - 29th Nov 2013 6:49am
Originally Posted by Excoriator

Salt is very soluble in rainwater. There appears to be no evidence of any erosion, even after a year or so.

it is rock salt.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Mysterious piles of whitish powder - 29th Nov 2013 9:31pm
A link to another rock salt pile, date is way old. But you will get the picture, and see that it is possible to "pile" rock salt in the open.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ile-grit-Britains-largest-salt-mine.html
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Mysterious piles of whitish powder - 29th Nov 2013 9:35pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator

Tell me, why do you write such stuff?.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Mysterious piles of whitish powder - 29th Nov 2013 10:12pm
Because you seem ignorant of the fact that salt dissolves in water.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Mysterious piles of whitish powder - 29th Nov 2013 10:25pm
Well, I suggest you tell that to the makers of the salt piles on the link I posted.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Mysterious piles of whitish powder - 29th Nov 2013 10:27pm
Rainwater may dissolve salt but unless there's massive runoff it will simply re-crystallise.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Mysterious piles of whitish powder - 29th Nov 2013 11:26pm
Salt Union mine in Winsford Cheshire

Attached picture article-1235538-07975552000005DC-713_468x286.jpg
Attached picture article.jpg
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Mysterious piles of whitish powder - 1st Dec 2013 8:08pm
It is rock salt (i know)!
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Mysterious piles of whitish powder - 1st Dec 2013 8:25pm
We all know except for Excoriator.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/840667/police.html

???
© Wirral-Wikiwirral