Forums
Posted By: granny Sainsbury's car washers - 28th Nov 2013 10:11am
Can anyone say if the folk who wash cars in Sainsbury's car park ,Upton (dont know if there are any others) are employed by a company and how much they charge? Not being sure how the system works I didn't want to get involved in something I didn't know about. Wonder if they have gang masters or how its operated, paying tax etc.
Are they employed by Sainsbury's, on a wage?
There were very many of them on Monday pm.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Sainsbury's car washers - 28th Nov 2013 10:15am
is it not a charity event?

I know asda have had this in the past to raise money for charity.
Posted By: granny Re: Sainsbury's car washers - 28th Nov 2013 10:21am
No, don't think it's charity. Whenever I have been, there are always some there. Just seemed to be rather a lot more on Monday. There are never boards saying anything about a fund raising event.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Sainsbury's car washers - 28th Nov 2013 7:02pm
I don't believe they are employed by Sainsbury's, but it might be worth ringing the customer service at the shop to ask about them? We've been approached by them a few times when we've been shopping and have always declined, but they've been there for a while now and therefore I have to assume they must get quite a few people who do use them.
Posted By: Rambo Re: Sainsbury's car washers - 28th Nov 2013 7:54pm
They were there today, £5 for a car or £8 for 4x4 or MPV.
Posted By: granny Re: Sainsbury's car washers - 29th Nov 2013 10:46am
Thanks for info.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Sainsbury's car washers - 29th Nov 2013 2:32pm
I'm surprised they allow it when they have a car wash and jet wash on the site.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Sainsbury's car washers - 29th Nov 2013 4:33pm
Its the same company as the car wash. Witch is in partnership with sainsburys Thats why they only ask the shoppers that go to sainsburys.
Was chatting to them a few months back.
Posted By: justice Re: Sainsbury's car washers - 29th Nov 2013 5:45pm
They do a very good job whoever they are.I always use them
Posted By: Madge Re: Sainsbury's car washers - 30th Nov 2013 11:12am
i watched them wash two cars yesterday, when they were finished the results were awful, i would never use them, i use the one in carr farm which always does a great job,
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Sainsbury's car washers - 30th Nov 2013 5:10pm
From what I have seen. I think they do a great job. Also cant be that bad if peeps go back to them every week.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Sainsbury's car washers - 30th Nov 2013 10:22pm
i wash my own cars, that way you know what chemicals are going on the paintwork.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral