Forums
Posted By: Snodvan Wallasey Village - 26th Nov 2013 1:50pm
Does anyone know what was "going on" in Wallasey Village/ top of Leasowe at around 10am this morning? Looked like Fire and Police people there with lots of flashing lights. I had intended to drive along the village but saw the lights and diverted up Sandy Lane/ St Georges Road and down Perrin Road. However, I am intrigued as to what was happening - just nosey really.

Snod
Posted By: IanPenny Re: Wallasey Village - 26th Nov 2013 2:14pm
There had been a car crash earlier, 2 cars involved, one mounted pavement and ended up on a bin, other had some front end damage.
Posted By: tedmus Re: Wallasey Village - 26th Nov 2013 3:03pm
Seem to get quite a few accidents at that junction (I live quite close and use that junction/roundabout several times a day), I don't think it helps having the give way where it is on the roundabout, seems to confuse people who I assume are unfamiliar with the area.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Wallasey Village - 26th Nov 2013 7:09pm
Originally Posted by Snodvan
Does anyone know what was "going on" in Wallasey Village/ top of Leasowe at around 10am this morning? Looked like Fire and Police people there with lots of flashing lights. I had intended to drive along the village but saw the lights and diverted up Sandy Lane/ St Georges Road and down Perrin Road. However, I am intrigued as to what was happening - just nosey really.

Snod
Gas leak outside greedy's pizza shop.
Posted By: Helles Re: Wallasey Village - 26th Nov 2013 9:44pm
Originally Posted by Willo_

Snod

If there was, it was because of the car crash as described above.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Wallasey Village - 27th Nov 2013 10:13am
Originally Posted by Helles
Originally Posted by Willo_

Snod

If there was, it was because of the car crash as described above.
I find it hard to believe that a gas leak under the pavement directly outside the pizza shop.

Ok I will shut up now lol, after looking at the picture, if it was the bin outside greedy's that was hit it took the metal pole out next to it, that caused the gas leak. Rather daft of the council putting the pole so close to a gas pipe.

Attached picture greedy.JPG
© Wirral-Wikiwirral