Forums
Posted By: venice CURTAIN POLES - 11th Nov 2013 2:34pm
I need to replace old curtain rails with curtain poles . Havent had time to look yet at what comes with them automatically if you buy from the likes of B&Q . It looks as though you get the ball ends within the quoted (online) price, but what 'fittings' come with it , and what extra fittings do you have to buy separately? It seems to have some fittings shown on the picture, but then says underneath that you get 20% off 'packs'. Im getting a price from a local firm which will be for everything you need to just hang the curtains, so |I need to be clear to be able to compare prices fairly. Many thanks.
Posted By: cazzy78 Re: CURTAIN POLES - 11th Nov 2013 3:11pm
Have you looked in tj hughes., you can get the pole with the ends and all the fittings you need.
Posted By: venice Re: CURTAIN POLES - 11th Nov 2013 11:25pm
Dyou know what, I didnt even know they had returned to Birkenhead! Thanks so much , they clearly show they sell the whole package and theyre very reasonable, so I think thats where Im off to. Brilliant suggestion .
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: CURTAIN POLES - 11th Nov 2013 11:37pm
Originally Posted by venice
Dyou know what, I didnt even know they had returned to Birkenhead! Thanks so much , they clearly show they sell the whole package and theyre very reasonable, so I think thats where Im off to. Brilliant suggestion .

I love TJ's, it's begun to be my first port of call when I'm looking for all sorts. I'm glad they're back in Birkenhead smile

Good luck with the curtain poles, and although I'm not offering advice on where to buy etc, I did find with the wooden ones I have that a) they're not wood, it's some sort of composite material, and b) the curtain rings are very fragile and if you drop them, they break frown

Having said that though, mine were really cheap and crappy
Posted By: cazzy78 Re: CURTAIN POLES - 12th Nov 2013 8:00am
Good luck.! They do metal ones there if the wooden ones are no good. Argos can be quite reasonable too.
Posted By: venice Re: CURTAIN POLES - 12th Nov 2013 9:09am
Thanks everyone,youve saved me a lot of faffing.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral