Forums
Posted By: RugbyKeith Where would you live? - 25th Oct 2013 2:57pm
Background: Live in Rugby, new job in Liverpool and coming back but want to live on Wirral. Born in Arrowe Park and lived in Upton/Moreton.

Need: 2 bedrooms, a garden, off street parking, basically an easy life. Easy commute to Liverpool so I guess close to a station, New Brighton/Wallasey/Moreton/Meols are not too far to town. Not Leasowe or Budston though.

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Where would you live? - 25th Oct 2013 3:04pm
Warren drive in New Brighton.

Everything you need close by and a lovely road with proper victorian well built propertys.

Posted By: Salmon Re: Where would you live? - 25th Oct 2013 3:59pm
So much will depend on your budget as even within Wallasy / Wirral there are big differences in house prices.In Wallasey you are not too far from a station or bus to Liverpool pretty much wherever you are.
Posted By: RugbyKeith Re: Where would you live? - 25th Oct 2013 4:27pm
Lets say 1200 a month including bills and council tax.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Where would you live? - 26th Oct 2013 6:50am
Originally Posted by Salmon
So much will depend on your budget as even within Wallasy / Wirral there are big differences in house prices.In Wallasey you are not too far from a station or bus to Liverpool pretty much wherever you are.

Salmon do you think rudgrave square is an acceptable area? smile

smile
Posted By: Salmon Re: Where would you live? - 26th Oct 2013 7:38am
I don't know it but why ask me anyway?
Posted By: justice Re: Where would you live? - 26th Oct 2013 10:19am
Upton is good because the 437 is every 7 minutes into Liverpool City centre.There is a nice house to rent in Upton Park drive off
Manor Drive.
Moreton is an ideal place to live because it is well served with public transport,banks shops restaurants and the North Wirral Country park.Rentals seem to go from £500 to £800 PCM.
Rudgrave square is fine for public transport and not too far from Liscard with its amenities.I am not sure if there are any properties to rent their as it public sector housing so far as I am aware
Welcome home.
Posted By: RugbyKeith Re: Where would you live? - 26th Oct 2013 12:17pm
Rudgrave Square, is that by Egremont (tried Google) not sure I fancy that.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Where would you live? - 26th Oct 2013 12:42pm
no kieth you wont like it, its a rundown area of egremont.

your car wouldnt last 5 minutes parked there.
Posted By: justice Re: Where would you live? - 26th Oct 2013 1:26pm
Ste I am confused you asked Salmon if Rudgrave Square was a decent area to live which was why I included it in my answer to OP.
However your subsequent reply would indicate that you already had a negative view of this particular area.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Where would you live? - 26th Oct 2013 3:11pm
Hi justice, the area is currently under development but will take a while before its finished so if kieth cannot wait he would be better off not looking there.
Posted By: justice Re: Where would you live? - 26th Oct 2013 6:38pm
Thanks Ste for clarification.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Where would you live? - 29th Oct 2013 9:31am
Yes, being on the 437 Bus route is good. I did consider Greasby when I moved but the traffic congestion at school times put me off. I now live in Saughall Massie and find it ok if you get bus time tables to connect at Upton.

Quite often I park in Upton to connect to 437 bus, and on Sunday early or out in evening will park at Meols station to get train.

Lately on Saturdays I will park in Hooton to get train which arrives in Chester at 9am. The convenience and time saved is better than using public transport all the way.

Posted By: Gibbo Re: Where would you live? - 29th Oct 2013 1:38pm
The 437 runs through Claughton so you could live on the edge of Oxton and walk down Shrewsbury Road to the bus stop.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Where would you live? - 29th Oct 2013 8:56pm
Wallasey Village! 2 train stations, multiple buses, shops, petrol stations, 5 pubs, I mean to say, what else could you want!!!!
Posted By: Bizzybee1 Re: Where would you live? - 30th Oct 2013 8:23am
Originally Posted by Capt_America
Wallasey Village! 2 train stations, multiple buses, shops, petrol stations, 5 pubs, I mean to say, what else could you want!!!!

plus..... two primary and two secondary schools, easy access to M53, Liverpool tunnel and New Brighton. Harrison Park. Good range of property from terraced to top quality detached. Many doctors and dentists and a respectable area.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Where would you live? - 30th Oct 2013 1:34pm
Originally Posted by NickLeg
Originally Posted by Capt_America

plus..... two primary and two secondary schools, easy access to M53, Liverpool tunnel and New Brighton. Harrison Park. Good range of property from terraced to top quality detached. Many doctors and dentists and a respectable area.

I agree however the newly installed betting shop has started to attract riff raff.
Not the sort you want around your village anyway.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Where would you live? - 30th Oct 2013 2:46pm
There have been betting shops in Wallasey Village for years - what's new about this one?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Where would you live? - 30th Oct 2013 3:02pm
Hi CV its the 1st one i have seen, then again i don't go looking for them.

This one is on the old toronto site and is huge, not going to name it as i for one am against betting shops.
Posted By: Brown_Horrocks Re: Where would you live? - 30th Oct 2013 3:48pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Hi CV its the 1st one i have seen, then again i don't go looking for them.

This one is on the old toronto site and is huge, not going to name it as i for one am against betting shops.

I'm no fan of betting shops either but the one at the old Toronto site moved from a shop directly opposite to where it is now (ok it was a smaller shop but was literally opposite - next to the Lighthouse)
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Where would you live? - 30th Oct 2013 4:32pm
There's a bookie (Ladbrokes?) just by WV / Leasowe Rd roundabout, been there for ages....
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Where would you live? - 1st Nov 2013 4:09pm
Buses are too slow when traveling long distances
Train a much better option
Posted By: SUExx Re: Where would you live? - 2nd Nov 2013 9:49pm
Bebington/new ferry border....

Got three stations, bebington,port sunlight and spital.
A weatherspooons, a newish indian restaurant, the bridge inn ,the chronicle, the wellington hotel and the rose and crown.
3 buses to Liverpool, the number 1, 2 and 464. 5mins from Birkenhead tunnel, trains to chester. Only 5 mins from shops in bromborough, rock park and Birkenhead.
Port sunlight village which draws many visitors to it plus the lady lever art gallery which has activities for toddlers/children. Mayer park, oval spots centre,a tescos, aldi, coop. River side walks along new ferry to eastham.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral