Forums
Posted By: Moonstar Curved Glass Shower Screen - 9th Oct 2013 2:45pm
Why oh why, if the glass door is curved is the replacement seal rigidly straight!

Any ideas folks?
Posted By: Salmon Re: Curved Glass Shower Screen - 9th Oct 2013 3:57pm
Soak it in hot water for a while to soften it and put a bit of soap/washing up liquid on the glass. Be prepared for a few failures before it goes on and stays on but it will eventually.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Curved Glass Shower Screen - 9th Oct 2013 4:13pm
I have tried hot water but the only container I have which is big enough is the bath - the hot water goes cold before the plastic softens.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Curved Glass Shower Screen - 9th Oct 2013 9:17pm
It will go eventually, honest . That is what I have done in the last month and about 2 years ago.Not easy as it keeps coming off, you just have to hold front part with one hand and push gently round with the other while constantly keeping the seal on the glass.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Curved Glass Shower Screen - 9th Oct 2013 9:59pm
Well had another two goes tonight Salmon, heated it on the radiator and put a smidge of washing up liquid along the glass. Every time I get to the curviest bit it pops off where I have got it on.

Long overdue for a design overhaul methinks.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Curved Glass Shower Screen - 10th Oct 2013 6:03am
Sounds familiar which is why you have to take it slowly and carefully. A few words of basic English may help as well!
Bruce and the spider is the answer.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Curved Glass Shower Screen - 10th Oct 2013 6:19am
Is it the correct size seal?

Link, Similar to what Salmon has recommended,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iMKQ8Ca9UE
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Curved Glass Shower Screen - 10th Oct 2013 10:32am
It is Bert but the plastic is soooooooooo rigid. This should be a five minute job but I bet it takes most people far longer, wouldn't like to be racking up a plumber's fee for this job!
Posted By: kimpri Re: Curved Glass Shower Screen - 10th Oct 2013 11:36am
Originally Posted by Moonstar
It is Bert but the plastic is soooooooooo rigid. This should be a five minute job but I bet it takes most people far longer, wouldn't like to be racking up a plumber's fee for this job!
Dead easy if you've got the knack wink
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Curved Glass Shower Screen - 10th Oct 2013 1:30pm
Well the knack came from somewhere Kimpril.

I was on the point of going out to buy a 'Uniblade' fitting (adjustable) when I thought I will give it one more try. The seal had been sitting on the bathroom radiator covered in a towel to try to warm it enough to soften it and there was still a smear of washing up liquid where required on the shower door - sort of semi-dried.

Well, blow me, if the d*amned thing didn't go on with little resistance. Job done.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Curved Glass Shower Screen - 10th Oct 2013 2:24pm
Good man, well done and now I guess you will want to have a bath!
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Curved Glass Shower Screen - 10th Oct 2013 3:43pm
I'm not contrary Salmon, however, a drop of Southern Comfort in celebration before bed is looking like a good idea for this girl.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Curved Glass Shower Screen - 11th Oct 2013 6:18am
oops sorry Moonstar, I assumed you were male and was not for one moment suggesting anything like that. Had I known I would have offered to come and fit the thing for you.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Curved Glass Shower Screen - 11th Oct 2013 8:37am
Hehehe - what a gallant gesture that would have been. I thought all knights on white horses had disappeared into the ether!

© Wirral-Wikiwirral