Forums
Posted By: Elizabeth Red Ivy - 7th Oct 2013 9:25pm
I've seen loads of red ivy around lately, except in my garden which is a boring dark green. Does anyone know the species of ivy that goes the lovely red colour in autumn and where it can be bought?
Posted By: chriskay Re: Red Ivy - 7th Oct 2013 9:30pm
Are you sure it's ivy? I've never known ivy go red. Could be Russian vine or another vine.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Red Ivy - 7th Oct 2013 9:30pm
Is this the one that climbs up the wall via your cement between the bricks and eventually gets inside the brickwork letting in water. Damp gets in, the house falls down, no mortgage, insurance blame you, have to buy a tent. The family disown you and you end up jumping off niagra falls... Or is it the other Ivy?? LOL
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Red Ivy - 7th Oct 2013 9:35pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
Is this the one that climbs up the wall via your cement between the bricks and eventually gets inside the brickwork letting in water. Damp gets in, the house falls down, no mortgage, insurance blame you, have to buy a tent. The family disown you and you end up jumping off niagra falls... Or is it the other Ivy?? LOL

It's the other one smile
Posted By: granny Re: Red Ivy - 7th Oct 2013 11:00pm
Virginia creeper
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Red Ivy - 7th Oct 2013 11:12pm
Be Oh So Careful with this creeper!

http://voices.yahoo.com/is-virginia-creeper-too-invasive-yard-6700074.html
Posted By: Madge Re: Red Ivy - 7th Oct 2013 11:14pm
I have a fabulous virginia creeper if anyone knows how to take cuttings i woukd gladly donate some
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Red Ivy - 7th Oct 2013 11:17pm
Originally Posted by granny
Virginia creeper

Thanks Granny smile While googling it and where to buy it, I saw a link also for another species called Boston ivy which is also a beautiful dark red. I might buy both as although I love the greenery that I have in my garden, I'd like a bit of variety too x
© Wirral-Wikiwirral