Forums
Posted By: sarahgee Old caravan - best way to get rid of it - 15th Sep 2013 4:58pm
May sound a silly question but how am I best going about getting rid of an old caravan?

Do people take old caravans in the same way as the do old cars? I'm not expecting anything for her as she is old, some damp in the bathroom and doesnt have any water heater or fridge.

The one thing we would like to get something for is the motor mover. It cost quite a bit to get installed but in the 18 months its been fitted its only been used a handful of times. Seen several ads on ebay where the same model has sold for £200+ and its been older than ours. Only problem is how do we remove it without any means of jacking up the caravan get get underneath.

Any help & advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: casper Re: Old caravan - best way to get rid of it - 15th Sep 2013 6:17pm
Best way probably would be to dismantle the whole caravan, scrap guys will take the chassis and cladding that's if you cant find anyone who wants it, maybe someone on allotments or somebody with a bit of spare land could use it for something.
Posted By: madrob Re: Old caravan - best way to get rid of it - 15th Sep 2013 6:48pm
pmed you
Posted By: ianbx1 Re: Old caravan - best way to get rid of it - 15th Sep 2013 9:34pm
You could advertise the Motor Mover on e-bay with 'Free Caravan' that way the new owner of the motor mover gets the problem of getting rid of the van (they are worth a bit as scrap as the cladding on older vans is ally as is the chassis). there are also a number of sites who offer to purchase or dispose of old caravans).
Posted By: ianbx1 Re: Old caravan - best way to get rid of it - 15th Sep 2013 9:36pm
What van is it by the way as I'm after a few bits for mine?
Posted By: viper Re: Old caravan - best way to get rid of it - 17th Sep 2013 4:30pm
Hi. I work with the Air Cadets in Wallasey and we are looking for an old caravan to convert for the cadets to use on events. If you would like us to take it then please send me an email with details to [email protected] . It doesnt matter about internal condition as we would strip it out to convert smile Thank you in advance. Dave
Posted By: guitarlad Re: Old caravan - best way to get rid of it - 17th Sep 2013 5:40pm
Try putting it on Ebay.Someone will deffo snatch it up.good luck, let us know how you get on mate.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral