Forums
Posted By: Elyth Advice needed please - 4th Sep 2013 8:22am
Hello all

I've got an issue that's been on going now for a while. Basically my house is right next to a trainstation. My garden fence is connected to the wall of the station and I can literally see the platform when i step out into my garden. Anyway people, men in particular keep thinking they use the corner where the station wall is and my garden fence to urinate. Everytime I leave my house I open the gate and I am greeted with trails of urine about 5 different ones every day. I am sick of leaving my house and smelling wee! and constantly stepping over the piss trails on the floor. I actually caught a man doing it yesterday around 6pm. I left my house to go the shop and he was just standing there doing it. For one I felt really uncomfortable having to walk past a man with his penis out!!! let alone step over and dodge his spraying wee! I naturally had a go at him and asked him why did he decide to do it right by my gate. There is a toilet in the station, you have to be buzzed into it but seriously sick of this. Sometimes if i look out my front room window I can see them doing it as well. I think people think my garden is my neighbour's back garden because the layout of the houses, it even took a while for the post men/women to realise it's two seperate houses.

Is there anything I can do to stop this? Like with the council or the trainstation as it is their wall that is getting used as a toilet. Or do I have to simply put up with this?

Thanks for reading my essay smile
Posted By: venice Re: Advice needed please - 4th Sep 2013 8:39am
I would have thought you could do something about it. Urinating in a public place is an offence for a start, so contact British Rail and the health dept of the council and see what they say they can do. Meanwhile you could try putting a notice up saying this area is under camera surveillance. It may seem a trivial offence, but its interfering with your quality of life in a way thats not trivial, so something should be done. Dont see the relevance of which house the offenders think they are weeing by, its an offence , period.
Posted By: Uffda Re: Advice needed please - 5th Sep 2013 8:27pm
I agree, I think it would get me down having people urinating by my front door, very intrusive. It's a good idea to put up a sign saying people are on cctv. I've just checked and you can buy dummy camera for a couple of pound on Ebay. As it's almost certainly the rail users who are responsible, I'm sure Merseytravel would help out.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Advice needed please - 5th Sep 2013 10:06pm
A long term solution could be to plant a holly bush or big bunch of nettles.
Posted By: Raven61 Re: Advice needed please - 5th Sep 2013 10:20pm
An electric fence.
Posted By: Christelle Re: Advice needed please - 5th Sep 2013 10:24pm
This is disgusting, I wouldn't put up with it. You should set up a camera and film them.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Advice needed please - 5th Sep 2013 10:35pm
No need for a camera, just a sign should do, Smile you are on camera.
Posted By: granny Re: Advice needed please - 5th Sep 2013 10:48pm
Originally Posted by Salmon
A long term solution could be to plant a holly bush or big bunch of nettles.

or a venus fly trap !

Sign with 'urinating in a public place is an offence'
Posted By: Dilly Re: Advice needed please - 5th Sep 2013 10:53pm
No wish to be rude Granny, but should that not be a penis fly trap ? smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Advice needed please - 5th Sep 2013 11:01pm
Environmental Health issue??? That is disgusting!!! You should not have to tolerate that. Good luck- keep us informed.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Advice needed please - 6th Sep 2013 5:48am
Call in Mrs. Bobbitt. ;-)
Posted By: Uffda Re: Advice needed please - 6th Sep 2013 7:40am
Originally Posted by Raven61
An electric fence.

raftl
Posted By: venice Re: Advice needed please - 6th Sep 2013 10:49am
Quote Dilly 'No wish to be rude Granny, but should that not be a penis fly trap ? smile'

Very witty lol! Love it
© Wirral-Wikiwirral