Forums
Posted By: Gold_Moon Animal Welfare? - 1st Aug 2013 5:14pm
Any animal welfare people on here please? I've just seen a poor cat off King Street, Wallasey, and it's eye is bulging out of it's socket! It's obviously suffered some sort of injury to it, (possibly fighting with another cat?) It did look a like a big, tom, so it might not be neutered.

Is there someone that can check on him please? His eye looks like it's about to burst!
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Animal Welfare? - 1st Aug 2013 5:44pm
I just took some photo's of him.

Description: Injured cat.
Attached picture Tom cat 1.JPG
Attached picture Tom cat 3.JPG
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Animal Welfare? - 1st Aug 2013 6:27pm
Should I call the RSPCA?
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Animal Welfare? - 1st Aug 2013 6:38pm
Where is he,
I will go get him, and take him to vets
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Animal Welfare? - 1st Aug 2013 6:46pm
PM sent.

I was just waiting in a 'phone queue for an RSPCA operator... I couldn't just sit by and do nothing! no
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Animal Welfare? - 1st Aug 2013 7:22pm
Update:

I have been and seen him, was no answer at address, so knocked at neighbour, and he tells me he has had bad eye for months and lady who feeds him wants him to get help but can not afford it.

I managed to get towel over cat picked him up put him in cat box went to shut door and he jumped out, neighbour is going to ask the woman to try to get him indoors when he comes back for food and phone me when he is in the house so I can go and collect him, and get him some medical attention.
Posted By: Tess65 Re: Animal Welfare? - 1st Aug 2013 7:25pm
Oh good lord, just looked at the photos, the poor boy!
Please keep us updated Willo.
Tess x.
(And Thank You Gold Moon too).
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Animal Welfare? - 1st Aug 2013 7:36pm
I have emailed all details to rspca through my account with them, they have just contacted me back, and asked for the photos, and full address and postcode, just waiting on call from them, I will not leave this poor cat, I will keep going back till i get him, and will get him to vet if the rspca dont get him first.
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Animal Welfare? - 1st Aug 2013 7:46pm
Bless you, Willo! The poor baby doesn't realise you're trying to help him. no

At least my mind is at rest about him... I know he's going to get help real soon! yes
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Animal Welfare? - 1st Aug 2013 7:54pm
Well done gold moon and willo for your efforts in helping this poor cat .......Keep us informed please
Posted By: granny Re: Animal Welfare? - 1st Aug 2013 8:50pm
Well done Gold Moon. How distressing for you, the poor cat must be in agony. Just shows how an SOS on here, can lead to so much response. Fingers crossed he will be ok.

You Willow, can have a Gold Star today!
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Animal Welfare? - 1st Aug 2013 9:23pm
I have just come back from there, and posted letter through ladies door, the cat was back on top of car, I gave him some cat treats and biscuits, as soon as he saw the cat box, he was gone.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Animal Welfare? - 1st Aug 2013 9:50pm
RSPCA have just phoned me, they are on there way now
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Animal Welfare? - 1st Aug 2013 9:58pm
Here's hoping they can catch him... pray
Posted By: Tilly Re: Animal Welfare? - 1st Aug 2013 10:31pm
If the cat has an owner the rspca might try and prosecute them especially if the cat has been suffering like this for a long time, either that or they might pts because "no owner = no one to pay the bill for his treatment"
Posted By: granny Re: Animal Welfare? - 1st Aug 2013 11:29pm
Hi Tilly hi

Seems as if the owner might have disappeared anyway, if someone else is feeding it.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Animal Welfare? - 1st Aug 2013 11:45pm
Originally Posted by granny
Hi Tilly hi

Seems as if the owner might have disappeared anyway, if someone else is feeding it.

hi Granny. hope your well hun? xx
I hope someone takes him to a vet before the rspca do frown , or hopefully he's chipped and the owner traced. yomama
Posted By: granny Re: Animal Welfare? - 2nd Aug 2013 12:10am
Good thanks, how about you?

I don't understand why the RSPCA decided to go out after dark!
Unless they have a magic potion to entice the cat, how are they going to find it?
Is anyone given a choice as to what happens to it, i.e.if the owner can't be traced?
Can't go to bed tonight, it's like a vigil, waiting for the next bit of news. coffee
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Animal Welfare? - 2nd Aug 2013 8:10am
Thank you for contacting the RSPCA with this additional information.
A officer went to the address last night, but was unable to get the cat.
If you are able can you please monitor the situation and inform us if there is any deterioration in the cat's condition. or if you do manage to confine the cat.

Kind regards
RSPCA National Control Centre
0300 1234 999

My replie:
I have posted a letter through the ladies door, and asked her if she could allow the cat into her house and keep him there and phone me straight away, and I will collect him and bring him to my house and call you straight away.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Animal Welfare? - 2nd Aug 2013 1:54pm
RSPCA inspector just this min phoned me, they have the cat, they took him straight to vet, and vet was shocked, they done tests and he does not have any diseases, so they put him to sleep and took his eye out, and when he has recovered, they will take him to cross lane rspca.

He said if the woman had of being younger they would prosecute her but as she is 82 they will not.

Am just so glad the cat has been caught and treated, and in no more distress and pain.

Thank you goldmoon for actually caring enough to report this.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Animal Welfare? - 2nd Aug 2013 2:19pm
Good work the pair of you. Expect plenty of Karma points from your deity of choice.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Animal Welfare? - 2nd Aug 2013 4:37pm
Great news!!! laugh
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Animal Welfare? - 2nd Aug 2013 5:38pm
Originally Posted by Willo_
Am just so glad the cat has been caught and treated, and in no more distress and pain.

Thank you goldmoon for actually caring enough to report this.

I am in tears of happiness! smile This is the best outcome I could have hoped for! yomama You are my hero, Willo! yes And so is the vet who helped him! thumbsup

I hope he gets a wonderful new home, with a kind family who will spoil him silly... he so deserves it! happy
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Animal Welfare? - 2nd Aug 2013 6:25pm
I would love to have him but i have a tom cat and he would not be pleased.

The cat will be going to crosslane rspca when recoverrd from operation.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Animal Welfare? - 2nd Aug 2013 7:47pm
Very good out come.......well done
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Animal Welfare? - 2nd Aug 2013 8:25pm
Great work guys, much repsect! did the vet have any idea what had happened to the poor bugga's eye? them pics were truly shocking and upsetting. Ive never seen anything like that before. Looks like it had had a stone thrown at it or some kind of abuse by our evil assd counterparts, but would love to be proved wrong. frown
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Animal Welfare? - 2nd Aug 2013 9:04pm
Originally Posted by Kevinx
did the vet have any idea what had happened to the poor bugga's eye?

I don't know what the vet who treated him said... I assumed he received an injury to his eye fighting, and then it's got infected.

A friend of mine took in a stray tom that wasn't neutered, and had him fixed. Some days later, his head and face swelled up. She went back to the vet who examined his head and found a small scab. It was a bite wound which turned out to have a piece of fang in it! omg It was from his last scrap! And the mouth being packed with bacteria, it had quickly become infected...

But he made a full recovery after removal of the tooth, a good flushing, and a course of antibiotics!

So yeah, cats can, and do, badly injure each other. Especially toms that aren't fixed. Look at this face... doesn't he just look like a big bruiser?!

Description: Rescued cat! :)
Attached picture Tom cat 2.JPG
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Animal Welfare? - 2nd Aug 2013 9:08pm
great stuff guys, well done happy
Posted By: granny Re: Animal Welfare? - 2nd Aug 2013 10:36pm
So pleased he will recover. Our vets are wonderful people.
Doesn't the owner want him back? How long will the RSPCA keep him for if they can't find him a new home?
Posted By: missmoneypenny Re: Animal Welfare? - 3rd Aug 2013 9:30am
well done to both of you.I really enjoyed reading this thread.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Animal Welfare? - 4th Aug 2013 6:31pm
The RSPCA will just have the cat put down if they cant find an owner. 63% of cats they take will be put down irrespective of health.
They seem to be on a power trip lately with lots of highly publicised court cases.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/pets/10149908/The-RSPCA-made-US-feel-like-criminals.html

http://rspcanotwhattheyseem.blogspot.co.uk/

You can go the docs and legally kill a healthy unborn child but try that with your pet and you can land you in court
© Wirral-Wikiwirral