Forums
Posted By: Alonso Replacing misted double glazed windows. - 16th Jul 2013 8:30am
Hello all. We have a few windows that have broken down. There are a number of firms who advertise locally in the Globe and the Wirral News, but before I go calling them out for an estimate, I thought I'd ask you folks if any of you have had dealings with any of them and who would you recommend if any?
Thanks.
Posted By: julie253 Re: Replacing misted double glazed windows. - 16th Jul 2013 9:31am
Hi, Try Direct View Windows - 608 8833
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Replacing misted double glazed windows. - 16th Jul 2013 7:44pm
k seal
Posted By: NannyG45 Re: Replacing misted double glazed windows. - 16th Jul 2013 8:17pm
I used Cloudy to Clear about 4 years ago as my patio doors had misted up. They charged about £300 for 2 new units and did the work in half a day. I Would recommend as they still in good working order after all that time. They just took the old units out and put new ones in, quick, easy, cheap job. Good workers too.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Replacing misted double glazed windows. - 16th Jul 2013 9:39pm
I have used k seal for 5 of mine, no problems with them. They come and measure up, give you a price and then come back and fit. Took about an hour to do a very large bay window. I would only use companies who replace the units and not the company's that advertise drilling a small hole in the unit and basically extract the water and plug the hole up.
Posted By: Alonso Re: Replacing misted double glazed windows. - 16th Jul 2013 9:53pm
Thanks all. Plenty to choose from there.
Posted By: Alonso Re: Replacing misted double glazed windows. - 16th Jul 2013 9:55pm
Originally Posted by pegsgirl
I have used k seal for 5 of mine, no problems with them. They come and measure up, give you a price and then come back and fit. Took about an hour to do a very large bay window. I would only use companies who replace the units and not the company's that advertise drilling a small hole in the unit and basically extract the water and plug the hole up.
Thanks Peg. I didn't know they did that sort of job. I presume that's a cheap fix? But the problem could always come back. Like you and others I just want new glass.
Posted By: tankrat22 Re: Replacing misted double glazed windows. - 18th Jul 2013 7:51am
Hi Alonso,I would agree entirely with NannyG45,We have used Cloudy to Clear twice,2008 and again last March.Highly recommend them,quick,clear all the bits and pieces up no mess,very professional.
Posted By: tankrat22 Re: Replacing misted double glazed windows. - 18th Jul 2013 7:52am
Hi Alonso,I would agree entirely with NannyG45,We have used Cloudy to Clear twice,2008 and again last March.Highly recommend them,quick,clear all the bits and pieces up no mess,very professional.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral