Forums
Posted By: bigtalk2011 smyths toy superstore damaged my car - 8th Jul 2013 4:22pm
yesterday i bought my kids a playing frame and the guy in the shop was adiment he could get it to fit in my car which we did he tied my boot down with string,when i got home and emptied the car the boot will no longer lock shut now there saying its my fault when the guy came round to try and fix it even said he will pay for the damage as it was his fault where do i stand any advice?
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: smyths toy superstore damaged my car - 8th Jul 2013 9:04pm
Did he lock the latch to give the string something to tie on to?

Done that a couple of times in my old car that didnt have anything to tie on to.

Have you tried unlocking the boot lock (either key or fob)?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: smyths toy superstore damaged my car - 8th Jul 2013 10:15pm
roohbarbs right, theres no damage to your car, simply unlock the latch, press handle etc and it will unclick.
Posted By: bigtalk2011 Re: smyths toy superstore damaged my car - 9th Jul 2013 3:22pm
tried all that he the string had snapped somethink inside the latch all fixed now but still think he should foot the £20 bill
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: smyths toy superstore damaged my car - 9th Jul 2013 4:29pm
very rare for string to damage metal parts. Take a photo and show them.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: smyths toy superstore damaged my car - 9th Jul 2013 7:12pm
I think he's toying with us raftl sorry bad joke
© Wirral-Wikiwirral