Forums
Posted By: suey30 licence - 23rd Jun 2013 6:24pm
My sons licence expires on Wednesday,but he's forgotten to renew it if he renews it online today will he still be able to drive after Wednesday ,or does he have to wait until new licence comes through,thanks in advance.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: licence - 23rd Jun 2013 6:38pm
once dvla have received application he is ok to drive. give them a ring tomorrow, they will explain it to you, they are very helpful in cases like this.
Posted By: suey30 Re: licence - 23rd Jun 2013 6:54pm
Thank you so much will phone them in the morning regards sue
Posted By: TheDr Re: licence - 23rd Jun 2013 7:21pm
Once DVLA have RECIEVED the application then under Rule 88 (or section 88 depending how you read it) he is valid to drive (unless disqualified or medically barred).

DVLA are helpful over this, but sometimes they do get it wrong, so make sure you get a note of who has said what.

You can hand in your D1 (application) at Norey House (or any DVLA office) and they will give you a receipt for it, this is enough to prove that DVLA have RECEIVED an application.

Some police officers have said that you need to have a Rule 88 letter from the DVLA for it to be valid, I've even had one try and say that a DVLA office isn't actually the DVLA so they haven't received it. Both of these are complete and total rubbish, confirmed by both solicitors and the head of the Birkenhead Police Tango Team (who signed the back of my DVLA receipt to confirm this when Police and DVLA computers had a disagreement over my licence).
Posted By: suey30 Re: licence - 23rd Jun 2013 9:12pm
Thank you for that but were is noray house,please.
Posted By: TheDr Re: licence - 23rd Jun 2013 9:17pm
Norey House

It's near Chester Racecourse, there is a car park (fee payable) across the road or park in the very few spaces at the pub across the road if you're feeling cheeky.
Posted By: suey30 Re: licence - 23rd Jun 2013 9:43pm
Thank you.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral