Forums
Posted By: Kieran1981 Good shoe repairers in Wirral? - 20th Jun 2013 10:55pm
I have a pair of boots that I want polishing and some minor repair to the badge on them, anyone know any good cobblers if they still call them that, in Wirral? I would polish them myself but they have contrast stitching and I don't want to ruin them.
Posted By: boogaloo Re: Good shoe repairers in Wirral? - 20th Jun 2013 11:45pm
Hi, on the corner at the bottom on seaview road liscard by the traffic lights they are really good xx ive used them for years xx
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Good shoe repairers in Wirral? - 21st Jun 2013 12:49am
There's one on Borough Rd Birkenhead, his name is Frank Kavanagh and he's been there for ages. It's located in the block of shops opposite the bottom of Balls Rd East next to a shop that sells fabrics
Posted By: venice Re: Good shoe repairers in Wirral? - 21st Jun 2013 11:25am
Mannings on Hinderton Rd Neston. Corner shop old fashioned cobbler seems to manage everything we have ever asked thats to do with shoes or leather things.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Good shoe repairers in Wirral? - 21st Jun 2013 3:52pm
Originally Posted by boogaloo
Hi, on the corner at the bottom on seaview road liscard by the traffic lights they are really good xx ive used them for years xx

capitol shoe repairs & engravers i think you mean?

i was also gonna suggest these
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Good shoe repairers in Wirral? - 21st Jun 2013 9:34pm
Another vote for frank on borough road, fantastic service.
Posted By: philmch Re: Good shoe repairers in Wirral? - 7th Nov 2013 3:39pm
It's the thumbs up for Frank on Borough Rd from me too.

Took my 12 years old Caterpillar boots in there the other day. Both soles had come clean off. Frank fixed them for just £5. The man's a star.

And check out his shop. I reckon it's remained unchanged since the days that The Shadows last bothered the charts. Cash till is an antique.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral