Forums
Posted By: joe79 Grey bin collection Wallasey - 24th May 2013 6:06pm
Hi All,

I hope I am posting this in the right section, if not, my apologies!
I have 2 questions, each related.
I live on Breck Road Wallasey, my grey bin was supposed to be emptied today but when I returned home from work it was still full??

So my questions are:

a) Has anyone else had a problem today?
b) Will the council come to empty it if I phone them, because I cant go another 2 weeks because it is full to the brim!

By the way, it was put out at 7am and was clearly visible.

Thanks people!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Grey bin collection Wallasey - 24th May 2013 6:22pm
Maybe the problem was that the bin is too full- 'they' refuse to empty over filled bins.
Posted By: joe79 Re: Grey bin collection Wallasey - 24th May 2013 6:26pm
I don't think it was too full, the lid closed without a gap.
Posted By: little_pob Re: Grey bin collection Wallasey - 24th May 2013 7:33pm
Have any of your neighbours' bins been emptied?

Contact the council to arrange recollection: http://www.wirral.gov.uk/my-service...sh-and-waste/bins/missed-bin-collections
Posted By: joe79 Re: Grey bin collection Wallasey - 24th May 2013 8:45pm
Originally Posted by little_pob
Have any of your neighbours' bins been emptied?

Contact the council to arrange recollection: http://www.wirral.gov.uk/my-service...sh-and-waste/bins/missed-bin-collections

thankyou for that, I have filled out the form.

fin gers crossed!
Posted By: missmoneypenny Re: Grey bin collection Wallasey - 24th May 2013 10:14pm
Keep calling them and say you want the bin emptied.you do pay your council tax.
Posted By: daveybm Re: Grey bin collection Wallasey - 25th May 2013 11:13am
Some Brown Bins where not emptied in Wallasey Road on Friday 24/5/2013, so unless they come that's it, people stuck with full bins and no more collections unless you pay. Have also filled out form will see what happens.

Dave
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Grey bin collection Wallasey - 25th May 2013 12:29pm
ive seen the bin men look in bins and refuse to take them because they had the wrong rubbish on top--which seems a bit unfair if you put out your grey bin and some passer by decides to put his half eaten chips in it
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Grey bin collection Wallasey - 25th May 2013 9:24pm
A couple of times in the last few years we've not had our bins emptied becasue of inconsiderate parking and them not being able to get through. I've e-mailed Street clean who have made sure the bins have been emptied within a couple of days - no hassle, no charge.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral