Forums
Posted By: Ian0151 Morrisons Birkenhead? - 8th May 2013 11:08am
Has anyone heard of Morrisons opening in Birkenhead or has one already opened? I have no idea where the store is or going to be. It's a Morrisons Local apparently.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Morrisons Birkenhead? - 8th May 2013 1:16pm
They are definitely opening a Morrison's Local in Birkenhead as I've seen jobs advertised for it, but I don't know where, the closing dates were last month so it can't be far away. I remember there being some talk of morrison's locals taking over a shop but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Morrisons Birkenhead? - 8th May 2013 1:25pm
Could it be the old netto down by borough road.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Morrisons Birkenhead? - 8th May 2013 1:40pm
It all depends if Asda own the building. Didn't they take over all Nettos to become Asda stores?

And if there's a "big" Asda a few hundred yards away I can't see them selling or leasing it to Morrisons.
Posted By: rocks Re: Morrisons Birkenhead? - 8th May 2013 1:56pm
just been in town and they have boards all around where the YMCA shop was on the corner so it maybe there
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Morrisons Birkenhead? - 8th May 2013 2:11pm
I heard that Morrisons had bought out a few Blockbuster stores, so maybe there is your answer?
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Morrisons Birkenhead? - 8th May 2013 2:25pm
Apparently it is the old Blockbusters over the road from the market.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Morrisons Birkenhead? - 8th May 2013 2:26pm
That's it Zipper, thanks. Been doing my head in all day that has. Yes Morrison's have bought Blockbusters for their M Local stores. Only 64 of them though, so not sure if the one in Birkenhead will be a Morrison's. It seems odd to open something like that so close to Asda, but then who knows?
Posted By: Ian0151 Re: Morrisons Birkenhead? - 8th May 2013 5:25pm
Yes I saw jobs advertised. Just wondered where they were going to open one. Thanks for your replies.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Morrisons Birkenhead? - 9th May 2013 11:04am
Originally Posted by Sallybear
That's it Zipper, thanks. Been doing my head in all day that has. Yes Morrison's have bought Blockbusters for their M Local stores. Only 64 of them though, so not sure if the one in Birkenhead will be a Morrison's. It seems odd to open something like that so close to Asda, but then who knows?

And the market. Plus that car park is always full and always patrolled by parking attendants so I can't see it doing that well.
Posted By: joney Re: Morrisons Birkenhead? - 10th May 2013 7:23am
ASDA & MORRISONS share the same car park in Dover, so they do open next to each other.
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: Morrisons Birkenhead? - 20th May 2013 10:05pm
The old W H Smiths is going to be a H&M, can't see a Morrisons Local doing to well right by Asda??
Posted By: scousemouse Re: Morrisons Birkenhead? - 4th Jul 2013 3:15pm
Opens Monday at 9AM just had thing thru door in block busters in town
Posted By: chriskay Re: Morrisons Birkenhead? - 4th Jul 2013 7:15pm
Originally Posted by DodgyDave
The old W H Smiths is going to be a H&M, can't see a Morrisons Local doing to well right by Asda??

Is that the old W.H.Smith's in Grange Rd., next to Pykes?
Posted By: katiechops Re: Morrisons Birkenhead? - 4th Jul 2013 8:37pm
no. it's next to on the corner of the Wilkinsons Parade, by Weatherspoons, it's a morrisons local
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Morrisons Birkenhead? - 4th Jul 2013 9:27pm
Good place to sell cars.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Morrisons Birkenhead? - 4th Jul 2013 10:00pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Good place to sell cars.

In Morrisons?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral