Forums
Posted By: Gold_Moon Boiler Efficiency Test? - 18th Apr 2013 5:30pm
Had a guy call at the house this afternoon, telling me about a government scheme "for those on benefits", that tests a boilers efficiency, and replaces them with new ones, for free, if they don't meet a certain standard.

He then wanted to come in and examine our boiler. I told him I'd have to ask my Dad first as I wasn't the home owner. My Dad said it was fairly new and had recently been serviced, so no thanks.

I haven't heard of such a scheme at all though. Can anyone tell me if it's a genuine offer or a scam? Has anyone else experienced a cold-caller at their house offering this?
Posted By: jen8505 Re: Boiler Efficiency Test? - 18th Apr 2013 5:33pm
They are replacing boilers etc for people but I wouldn't allow people in off the street. Could just be posing as people.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Boiler Efficiency Test? - 18th Apr 2013 6:10pm
Originally Posted by jen8505
They are replacing boilers etc for people but I wouldn't allow people in off the street. Could just be posing as people.
Damn sneaky these aliens.
Posted By: futurepast Re: Boiler Efficiency Test? - 18th Apr 2013 7:43pm
There is a scheme at the moment replacing old boilers free of charge I can send you details if you need them, always ask to see their ID card and phone the number that should be on it, the surveyor should have a survey and an application pack, normaly from a company called nationwide any probs phone the police and if he's dodgy watch him scarper. My guess he was genuine he only gets paid on commision from you taking up the free offer
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Boiler Efficiency Test? - 18th Apr 2013 7:43pm
Caught one of them in our garden yesterday...
In full boiler suit

Attached picture boiler.jpg
Posted By: kittykat Re: Boiler Efficiency Test? - 18th Apr 2013 7:54pm
Hi Futurepast could you PM me the details please as my niece may be interested. Thanks.
Posted By: futurepast Re: Boiler Efficiency Test? - 18th Apr 2013 7:59pm
PM sent kittykat
Posted By: kittykat Re: Boiler Efficiency Test? - 18th Apr 2013 8:05pm
Many thanks.
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Boiler Efficiency Test? - 19th Apr 2013 12:20pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
Caught one of them in our garden yesterday...
In full boiler suit

Good God! It's HIM! shocked
© Wirral-Wikiwirral