Forums
Posted By: ponytail Wirral Coastal Walk - May - 10th Apr 2013 6:10pm
Has anyone been on this walk in the past?
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Wirral Coastal Walk - May - 10th Apr 2013 7:28pm
Originally Posted by ponytail
Has anyone been on this walk in the past?

I have a few times. Was quite hard going. 1st time we did it, we had rain hail and sun, were soaked through by time we completed it, even though we wore appropriate clothing. Overall really enjoyed it,the bonus is being able to donate some money to your chosen charity if you choose too. You thinking of doing it this year pony??
Posted By: ponytail Re: Wirral Coastal Walk - May - 11th Apr 2013 6:53am
Yes, it sounded great and it is for a good cause. I was concerned about help along the way - toilets, running out of water, how to get back.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Wirral Coastal Walk - May - 11th Apr 2013 9:12am
There are 'pit stops' along the way, giving free juice.
Public toilets and porta loos are available too, however they are placed in built up areas so tend to be busy.
We took our own provisions with us sandwiches, fruit and plenty of bottled water, initially our back packs are heavy but we off load on route. We learned to wear light trousers and not jeans as if jeans get wet they dont dry, There are buses laid on at the end but I think you have to pre book, the queue for the buses are long, the easiest way to get home is ask a friend to pick you up, we arrange our lifts at the cottage loaf pub because the road down to the visitor centre is really busy. All in all its a good day, very tiring if you can book a days holiday on the Monday is a bonus, because if like me you will be really stiff and I walk regularly.
Posted By: ponytail Re: Wirral Coastal Walk - May - 11th Apr 2013 6:06pm
Thanks pegsgirl. I hope its not too rainy on the day (nor too hot!) I did a walk years ago and ended up with blisters. Still, worth helping out for a good cause.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Wirral Coastal Walk - May - 11th Apr 2013 7:23pm
I love this walk. I used to do it all the time on foot and bicycle. One day i started at Birkenhead Priory and finished at Park Gate. My feet where fine but boy was i tired lol. Its a great walk a huge excuse to get fish n chips at park gate smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral