Forums
Posted By: valli what website please . - 27th Mar 2013 11:22pm
Please can anyone tell me how I find out who is ringing my mobile I keep getting calls from a number starting 01483. I have been driving so unable to take the call and when I try to ring back later no reply.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: what website please . - 27th Mar 2013 11:31pm
Hi, Just google the number, the number for Guildford is 01483. cheers
Posted By: valli Re: what website please . - 27th Mar 2013 11:35pm
Hi Zippy do I just put the phone number in google search bar .Thanks for your help by the way much appreciated.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: what website please . - 27th Mar 2013 11:40pm
Hi, yes just put the number in the search. Hopefully it will come up, if not, it may point to other people complaining about the number. Cheers
Posted By: Rambo Re: what website please . - 27th Mar 2013 11:42pm
Go here;

http://whocallsme.com/

Type in the number and it will tell you all you need to know.
Posted By: valli Re: what website please . - 27th Mar 2013 11:54pm
Just googled it,and yes loads of people having same phone calls.some think it maybe ppi but phone number does not normally show up for them, so I ignore these normally,cos usually I am cooking the tea or watching Emmerdale when they ring.Landline registered with Telephone preference service.they still get through though not as much.but mobile always ringing with either accident claims or ppi.Thanks for the help
Posted By: valli Re: what website please . - 27th Mar 2013 11:57pm
Thanks Rambo
Posted By: TheDr Re: what website please . - 28th Mar 2013 1:08am
Can you send me the number as I've been getting calls from a company with that area code and I know who it is.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: what website please . - 28th Mar 2013 1:42am
I never answer calls from unknown numbers. Nearly all pop up on the whocallsme site as pests from ppi companies.

So I store the number under 'pest 1', 'pest 2' etc and if they call again I have a variety of ways of dealing with them. wink

All mischevious and to me, highly amusing. laugh

They don't call back.
Posted By: valli Re: what website please . - 28th Mar 2013 11:13am
Originally Posted by TheDr
Can you send me the number as I've been getting calls from a company with that area code and I know who it is.
The number is 01483 223117 When Googled it comes up as ppi
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: what website please . - 28th Mar 2013 3:38pm
I getting calls from same as valli, another lately been annoying me is 01642 789 849. Pain in the bum.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: what website please . - 28th Mar 2013 4:01pm
If you have the money buy one of these Truecall Machines...
https://www.truecall.co.uk/product.aspx
Great, blocks all the baddies but rather expensive. Only my friends and people I let ring can get through. Cheers
© Wirral-Wikiwirral