Forums
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs UPVc window repairs - 23rd Mar 2013 11:31am
Does anyone one here repair UPVc windows or know of a good company that can do it.

We have one with a very large gap on the hinge side, hopefully this can easily be repaired.

Thanks
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: UPVc window repairs - 23rd Mar 2013 11:37am
The hinges will probably (by means of an allen key)have a range of adjustment.Have a go yourself before you pay someone,what can possibly go wrong?
Posted By: rossie Re: UPVc window repairs - 23rd Mar 2013 12:05pm
There is a business who advertises window repairs in local newspapers that I would advise that you avoid or at least be careful of. He did a couple of jobs for me and then promised to come back to complete. I paid him upfront (yes I know but he seems a really nice bloke) anyway that was the last I saw of him.
I could not believe it at first I thought I had the wrong day but made numerous phone calls and he promised he would be back but never did.
The guy who advertises as the original window doctor is fine he came and completed the job for a very reasonable £30.
Posted By: chris58 Re: UPVc window repairs - 25th Mar 2013 1:01pm
I've used the window doctor would recommend him
Posted By: TheComebackKid Re: UPVc window repairs - 25th Mar 2013 10:20pm
sounds like your window has "Dropped"
As Ludwigvan says, it only takes and allen key and maybe some packing to put it right
I would suggest you try it yourself before shelling good money out, and maybe even calling out the original Window Fitters ??

Good Luck !
© Wirral-Wikiwirral