Forums
Posted By: Hannahirby Buying from gumtree and other used websites - 18th Mar 2013 9:32pm
If you bought say a dishwasher from gumtree and the seal and welding was broken along the side of the dish washer which seals the door and washer closed broken and it was not very safe as it could leak and you paid a reasonable price for it. You got it home plumbed it in then noticed it was broken and couldn't be fixed what would you do? Any advice appreciated
Posted By: Shambo Re: Buying from gumtree and other used websites - 18th Mar 2013 10:08pm
If it was a private transaction between two individuals then I'd try and appeal to the sellers good nature because legally I don't think you can ask for your money back. Caveat Emptor (buyer beware) and all that. Perhaps ask them politely to contribute towards the cost of repair, (or try emotional blackmail and burst into tears). Sorry. frown
unfortunately gumtree only provide a place for the adverts and take no responsibility for any selling/purchases that go on, so as shambo said, if the people u bought the dishwasher from were genuine they may be willing to help u out, otherwise u're kind of stuck! :-\
She emailed back and said we could take it back if we wanted and shed give me the money back but we've tried to fix it with no success! There are some genuine people around after all!
Posted By: Shambo Re: Buying from gumtree and other used websites - 21st Mar 2013 2:18am
That's good to hear. smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral