Forums
Posted By: trouble washing machinebut no movement of f - 18th Mar 2013 5:36pm
hi i have a hotpoint washing machine that is draining but no drum movement so wont wash .any ideas thanks
Posted By: Willo_ Re: washing machinebut no movement of f - 18th Mar 2013 5:50pm
It's broken.
Posted By: trouble Re: washing machinebut no movement of f - 18th Mar 2013 6:18pm
REALLY didnt think of that ???
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: washing machinebut no movement of f - 18th Mar 2013 6:22pm
Originally Posted by trouble
hi i have a hotpoint washing machine that is draining but no drum movement so wont wash .any ideas thanks
Try cleaning the filter.worth a try.
Posted By: trouble Re: washing machinebut no movement of f - 18th Mar 2013 6:44pm
thanks candy were is the filter
Posted By: shar215 Re: washing machinebut no movement of f - 18th Mar 2013 6:48pm
sounds like the belt has gone
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: washing machinebut no movement of f - 18th Mar 2013 6:53pm
It wont be the filter, if it was blocked it would not empty.
Posted By: woofie Re: washing machinebut no movement of f - 18th Mar 2013 6:54pm
Hi Trouble.Before you try this fix,UNPLUG the machine from the mains plug socket, & if there are water isolation taps, turn them off! If you can, pull the machine out so the back plate/cover is accessable. You should then be able to to remove the back plate.(useually about 6 or more small crosshead screws). You might find a large thin belt which has come loose or snapped, from a small & a large pulley "type" wheel.
If this is the case, first check both belt wheels for breaks. Then check the belt for splits or cracks. These belts are cheap & readily available for most machines. Some times a belt will just need to be re-fitted on to the pulley wheels, as it has come loose due to a unballanced load in the drum which makes the machine want to "Tango Dance" across the kitchen floor! If you do not feel confident, leave well alone, but be prepared to pay call out & charges, which can add up.
Posted By: trouble Re: washing machinebut no movement of f - 18th Mar 2013 7:34pm
thanks every one so much i will give that a go woofie thanks
Posted By: woofie Re: washing machinebut no movement of f - 18th Mar 2013 8:24pm
Hi Trouble. I forgot to add. To re-fit the belt, fix to the small pulley wheel first, and then slowly feed the belt onto the big pulley wheel while turning. Then "Check everything." Then "Double check" every thing! Dont forget to turn the water Isolation taps are on. And that the Gray coloured empty hose is still in the waste pipe outlet!
Posted By: trouble Re: washing machinebut no movement of f - 18th Mar 2013 9:13pm
thanks so much woofie u bin a big help will let u know
Posted By: junglejim Re: washing machinebut no movement of f - 20th Apr 2013 3:24pm
Hi if the belt is OK it'll be the brushes in the motor, if you still didn't get it fixed please let me know.
Jim
© Wirral-Wikiwirral