Forums
Posted By: derekdwc Buyibg tobacco on foreign Holidays - 14th Mar 2013 2:16pm
A friend is going to Spain shortly and I would like to ask him to bring back some Golden Virginia tobacco for me.
Where would he buy it and how much could he bring back?
Going or coming back in the duty free shop at (which)airport?
Can you get it in the shops in Spain?

Posted By: kamikazi Re: Buyibg tobacco on foreign Holidays - 14th Mar 2013 4:58pm
Think this right.

If you are flying within the EU then you don't benefit from Duty Free in the airport. However if you buy in another EU country then the duty (tax) may be less (actually it will be) than you would pay at home in the UK.

Theres a limit to the amount you can import within the EU, think its 200 cigarettes or 250g of tobacco per person.

Its usually easier to buy in resort than waiting to buy at the airport.

K

Posted By: Zubee Re: Buyibg tobacco on foreign Holidays - 14th Mar 2013 5:33pm
You can bring 3,200 cigs back so long as they're for personal use. I'm not too sure about how much tobacco but I brought quite big box back for a friend a couple of years ago.

I found in Spain that buying in the resort was far cheaper than the airport.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Buyibg tobacco on foreign Holidays - 14th Mar 2013 5:36pm
Try this link:

http://www.spanish-airports.com/dutyfree.php

3,200 cigs and 3kg of smoking tobacco.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Buyibg tobacco on foreign Holidays - 14th Mar 2013 5:48pm
When I was smoking my uncle was able to bring me a box of tobacco 250g and the same for a friend. He also said dont buy in airport and also not from the market, look for a proper tobacconist maybe 2 euro more per box but proper quality stuff.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Buyibg tobacco on foreign Holidays - 14th Mar 2013 6:31pm
when i went to poland i brought back about 6 packs of 10 of the big golden virginia (if that makes sense) and nobody batted an eyelid.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Buyibg tobacco on foreign Holidays - 15th Mar 2013 2:14pm
Make sure he hangs on to the receipt as proof of tax paid, just saves any narks in case he gets a jobs worth.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral