Forums
Posted By: Finney PLUMBER NEEDED - 28th Feb 2013 5:14pm
Help , need a plumber to have a look at a pinhole water leak in an outside lead pipe. the pipe is teed off the mains by the previous occupant of my house and is to feed an outside tap. The leak is where the lead pipe is sweated onto the copper pipe. the only way to isolate it is by turning the main stop tap off in the pavement outside my house

Any help would be appreciated
Posted By: turnip Re: PLUMBER NEEDED - 28th Feb 2013 5:22pm
Try a and j repairs, they do all sorts including plumbing work. 07940740971
Posted By: Finney Re: PLUMBER NEEDED - 28th Feb 2013 5:24pm
Cheers turnip do they have reasonable rates £££££
Posted By: turnip Re: PLUMBER NEEDED - 28th Feb 2013 5:26pm
Yeah mate. Good rates and good clean work.
Posted By: Finney Re: PLUMBER NEEDED - 28th Feb 2013 6:49pm
Just rung a plumber from the globe that told me they don't solder lead anymore and it would cost me about £90 to lead loc it. As its an outside pipe i just want someone to solder it for cash to stop it leaking. Pm me if you can do this for me. Ta
Posted By: saltytom Re: PLUMBER NEEDED - 28th Feb 2013 7:02pm
Why not get it done properly the lead lock is the way to go, at this time of year the moisture content in lead is to high it will blow again all the good lead workers have passed on.
I do think at £90 a bit high if it is easy access should only take 30 min max. I have just phoned my plumber he could not get to you for a few days
I was given a guy called Dave off this site very good 07986 526110
Posted By: Finney Re: PLUMBER NEEDED - 28th Feb 2013 7:13pm
Cheers saltytom. Only got 1 inch of lead showing above ground. I will have to try lift a patio flag and excavate to get a bit of length to be able to cut affected piece out before lead loc . Should be able to fit that myself but not able to do that till Monday so wanted it soldering temp.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: PLUMBER NEEDED - 28th Feb 2013 10:16pm
Originally Posted by Finney
Cheers saltytom. Only got 1 inch of lead showing above ground. I will have to try lift a patio flag and excavate to get a bit of length to be able to cut affected piece out before lead loc . Should be able to fit that myself but not able to do that till Monday so wanted it soldering temp.
This type of tape will stop leak Clicky you can get it from screaw fix, you may think yea right tape, well think again, this will stop it even if it is water mains pressure.
Posted By: Finney Re: PLUMBER NEEDED - 1st Mar 2013 12:09am
Cheers bc will have a look at that
Posted By: Finney Re: PLUMBER NEEDED - 1st Mar 2013 1:41pm
Just been to screwfix to get a roll of that self alamg tape burger, will have a good look at the leaking pipe over the weekend. As a temporary fix would you believe good old chewing gum is currently plugging the hole and and stopped it leaking...hahaha
© Wirral-Wikiwirral