Forums
Posted By: NettyMc Florist - 20th Jan 2013 11:36am
Hi all.
Can anyone please recommend a local Florist who does Funeral flowers and can deliver to the Funeral Parlour?
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Florist - 20th Jan 2013 11:50am
I would guess that any Interflora florist would deliver to a funeral parlour.
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Florist - 20th Jan 2013 12:12pm
Thanks for your reply Salmon, I know Interflora will provide and deliver. I was hoping that I could use a local Florist who was not part of the Interflora group. Over the years Iv received Interflora flowers at birthdays...I was never too impressed at the mix of flowers....one year my sister ordered White Lily and pink Roses bouquet from a Wallasey Interflora florist...it arrived as Orange Roses and fern...no lilles! Orange Roses are not as easy on the eye!! I never complained as I had a child in hospital at the time so I was pre-occupied
So Interflora is off the menu!
Im sure there must be Florists in the area who I could use.Even if I have to pick the flowers up and take them to the Funeral Parlour myself. Im hoping someone on here may know. Thank you.
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Florist - 20th Jan 2013 12:13pm
Any florist will do this.
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Florist - 20th Jan 2013 12:15pm
The Fella in Birkenhead market (at the front by bus station) is used a lot by locals for funeral flowers....he's got a good reputation smile
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Florist - 20th Jan 2013 12:30pm
Thanks guys....will go down and see the guy in the market. Appreciate you kind replies.
xx
Posted By: paulaharry Re: Florist - 20th Jan 2013 1:06pm
Theres a flourist at the back of the market hall Liscard, she's brilliant and reasonble prices too. I swopped to her after using a well known one in Wallasey for years, because I got fed up with some of the flowers looking like they were on the turn. But what really did it for me was when my Dad passed away I was in there looking at the arrangments, and the lady serving me was huffing and puffing because I was taking too long to pick. The shop was empty at the time so it wasn't as if she was run off her feet. P&H won't ever get my money again.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Florist - 20th Jan 2013 1:15pm
Peaches & Herbs on Belvidere Road, Wallasey are fantastic
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Florist - 20th Jan 2013 1:24pm
Originally Posted by jawide
Peaches & Herbs on Belvidere Road, Wallasey are fantastic
withthat
Posted By: raymondo Re: Florist - 20th Jan 2013 2:56pm
ring 07707259901 she works from home but is very good and cheap
her names vicky

gates of heaven is realy nice
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Florist - 20th Jan 2013 4:13pm
Thanks guys....irony is it was Peaches and Herbs that did the Orange Roses! My sister sent them to me, she lives in Berkshire. She asked me if they were okay and if they were Lillies and Roses as she asked for them specially, my daughter was very poorly in hospital at the time and my sister also sent her flowers too, they were not what you would have expected for a young girl,they looked like it was a couple of cheap mixed bunches put together, in fact I was really disappointed as my sister must have spent around £50+ on the two tied bunches.They looked like it was a mix of all they had left,all were in their prime, no buds. They lasted less than a week. I think you pay a lot for Interflora and you just dont know what you will be getting as they always say if a flower is not available they will substitute...okay if its a lovely bloom or two...but they can substitute as much as they like just to get rid of up to date blooms. That's why Id rather go to a small Florist and see what I'm getting. I will check all the options you have all kindly suggested. Thanks a million guys.xxx
Posted By: saltytom Re: Florist - 20th Jan 2013 4:33pm
Originally Posted by NettyMc
Thanks guys....irony is it was Peaches and Herbs that did the Orange Roses! My sister sent them to me, she lives in Berkshire. She asked me if they were okay and if they were Lillies and Roses as she asked for them specially, my daughter was very poorly in hospital at the time and my sister also sent her flowers too, they were not what you would have expected for a young girl,they looked like it was a couple of cheap mixed bunches put together, in fact I was really disappointed as my sister must have spent around £50+ on the two tied bunches.They looked like it was a mix of all they had left,all were in their prime, no buds. They lasted less than a week. I think you pay a lot for Interflora and you just dont know what you will be getting as they always say if a flower is not available they will substitute...okay if its a lovely bloom or two...but they can substitute as much as they like just to get rid of up to date blooms. That's why Id rather go to a small Florist and see what I'm getting. I will check all the options you have all kindly suggested. Thanks a million guys.xxx

NO to peaches and herbs not good, Could try the ladies oppersite the Lighthouse Wallasey Village
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Florist - 20th Jan 2013 4:37pm
Will do....know Wallasey Village well. Thanks Saltytom xx
Posted By: valli Re: Florist - 20th Jan 2013 5:01pm
Birkenhead market did my mums funeral flowers they were lovely.
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Florist - 20th Jan 2013 5:03pm
I have had a few messages about Birkenhead Market....will go down tomorrow and have a look at what they do. Thanks a lot Valli xx
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Florist - 20th Jan 2013 9:29pm
Originally Posted by Sneezy
The Fella in Birkenhead market (at the front by bus station) is used a lot by locals for funeral flowers....he's got a good reputation smile

they are very good.and they would drop them at funeral home for you
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Florist - 20th Jan 2013 9:57pm
Thanks Zelda2012.Very kind of you to comment. Will go and have a look there tomorrow. xx
Posted By: raymondo Re: Florist - 20th Jan 2013 11:39pm
vicky does her own, all quality stuf, never had a complaint yet
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Florist - 21st Jan 2013 12:38am
Does she work form home Raymondo?
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Florist - 29th Jan 2013 9:04am
Time not being on my side, I ended up going to Birkenhead Market for the flowers. I choose a tied bunch in a box with a selection including Mauve Roses, Thistles a Gerbra, asking if I could have the same flowers and they said yes we can do them for you. I asked if they could replace the Pink Gerbra with another colour, they offered Cream.
I wrote a card out and paid £17.99
At the Funeral yesterday, I saw the flowers....White Stocks, Yellow Roses and some small Purple flowers. Not even resembling the flowers I ordered!So disappointed.
Now I can understand if they had to replace one flower but ALL the flowers, it looked like it was a bunch of miss matched flowers!!
Talk about disappointed.
I would have gone elsewhere if they would have said they could not do like for like and understandably replace a flower or colour of flower.To be honest these looked like a £9.99 bunch of flowers.
Will not be using them for the two family Birthday's I have in March, in fact I wont be using them again.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Florist - 29th Jan 2013 9:29am
That is so bad and really you ought to go back to them for an explanation and even a refund.
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Florist - 29th Jan 2013 9:46am
Thanks for your comment Salmon, I have emailed the shop and told them I was very disappointed. I actually felt ashamed as all the family's flowers were beautiful and you could see all these eye catching arrangements and stunning flowers, a lot of care had gone into the choosing....mine looked like a tired, miss matched bunch, a last minute thought.
You really would NOT choose that mix of flowers or the colours.
There were other family flowers that came the same shop, they were more than likely what they had ordered, red roses and thistles included.
Mine were just awful. I tried to put a lot of thought into them as he was a nephew and as the God mother of this young man,he meant a lot to me.I was ashamed and disappointed when I saw the flowers. I wont use them again or recommend them.
Posted By: pepe26 Re: Florist - 29th Jan 2013 12:55pm
Used to work at p and herbs ,god awful flowers ,people complaining,can't blame them and dodgy boss
Posted By: Neil_c Re: Florist - 29th Jan 2013 2:52pm
This is my bro's girlf, not long opened up in Beb. She's worked for some of the places mentioned in this article.

She's got some stuff on funerals: http://www.cherryblossomflorists.com/funeral-flowers.html

Posted By: valli Re: Florist - 29th Jan 2013 3:47pm
RE market florist. So surprised you did not get what you wanted.I had a MUM letter arrangement done in white peach and yellow roses, A Casket top arrangement in cream white and peach, also several small posies, all as requested. only ordered four days before funeral.it was July so maybe time of year is a factor or maybe business has changed hands.I responded to your post around the 20th January.Your reply said you were going soon after to look. I note from your latest post that you were late ordering but that should not have affected quality.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral