Forums
Posted By: Pinkyroo Home phone - 16th Jan 2013 6:40pm
Anybody got any idea why my cordless fone keeps sayin searching? It's brand new the one downstairs is fine it's the one upstairs. The ones I had before were fine just old. Wish if kept them now!
Posted By: j_demo Re: Home phone - 16th Jan 2013 6:45pm
have you plugged them all in (power supply and phoneline) and paired the handsets to the bases?
Posted By: Pinkyroo Re: Home phone - 16th Jan 2013 7:06pm
Ye an checked again the main 1 downstairs is workin fine. It's just the 1 upstairs but I brought it down an plugged it in next 2 the main 1 an still no joy.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Home phone - 16th Jan 2013 7:45pm
If it is still searching for the base it sounds as if its not paired, or it's set to look for a different base station.

Your instruction manual should tell you how to do it but basically you need to put the base in to pair mode (usually by pressing/holding a button on the base station for a few seconds) and then on the phone go into the setup and "pair". Some link straight away, others still need you to type in a security code (default is usually 0000 or 1234). Check your manual for details.
Posted By: Pinkyroo Re: Home phone - 16th Jan 2013 8:09pm
Just downloaded the instructions said to press the find button on base wait for beep go to registration an put 0000 in done all that still no joy. What a nightmare. It says cuz it was bought as a set it should already be paired up. Why can't anything be straight forward ha ha.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral