Forums
Posted By: roveramb teaching as teen to drive - 15th Jan 2013 2:08pm
Is there any private land or road on the Wirral that I can teach my son to drive before he starts his proper lessons so he can have a taster of driving a car.
Posted By: flybynight Re: teaching as teen to drive - 15th Jan 2013 8:21pm
I got my daughter insured on my car just for a month before her lessons , it cost around £60 but that was a few years ago .
Posted By: roveramb Re: teaching as teen to drive - 17th Jan 2013 2:03pm
Thank you I will look into that smile
Posted By: j_demo Re: teaching as teen to drive - 17th Jan 2013 4:17pm
won't an asda or tesco car park suffice after 4pm on a sunday so tehre's noone about???
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: teaching as teen to drive - 17th Jan 2013 4:52pm
Originally Posted by jawide
won't an asda or tesco car park suffice after 4pm on a sunday so tehre's noone about???
With that random spelling I hope you don't order meditation for cradiac patients!
Posted By: TheDr Re: teaching as teen to drive - 17th Jan 2013 5:03pm
I seem to recall that even if the place is closed and the car park is empty that the driver still has to have a licence and/or be accompanied and must be insured as a car park is an area that the public have access to, therefore it is a public area, so you need to be covered.

The only exceptions are privately owned land with the land owners permission. Strangely this does include motor racing track days as it is private land.

The car parks, even if owned by the Council or ASDA etc still have an open invitation for public entry, hence the need to comply.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: teaching as teen to drive - 17th Jan 2013 5:53pm
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
With that random spelling I hope you don't order meditation for cradiac patients!

Didn't realize it was a spelling test?
Posted By: j_demo Re: teaching as teen to drive - 20th Jan 2013 11:11am
Originally Posted by ludwigvan

"meditation?" you mean medication (t & c are nowhere near each other on the keyboard!) and "cradiac?" you mean cardiac.

and major apologies to you for my misspelling of a basic word.

i did however punctuate correctly so that must count for something, right?
Posted By: Salmon Re: teaching as teen to drive - 20th Jan 2013 11:30am
I do love this site when folk mention incorrect spellings and punctuations. Invariably the person making a comment makes a mistake as well.
I think that those who know about correct grammar ought to be grateful and not try to belittle others.

By the way I am pretty sure that TheDr is right in what he says about car parks.West Kirby RAF camp was the great place many moons ago but I don't know of anywhere these days.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: teaching as teen to drive - 20th Jan 2013 12:12pm
Originally Posted by Salmon
I do love this site when folk mention incorrect spellings and punctuations. Invariably the person making a comment makes a mistake as well.
I think that those who know about correct grammar ought to be grateful and not try to belittle others.

By the way I am pretty sure that TheDr is right in what he says about car parks.West Kirby RAF camp was the great place many moons ago but I don't know of anywhere these days.
I think you are quite right Salmon, we all make mistakes in our spelling and punctuation,I'm sorry that in my attempt to be humorous it appears that I was trying to belittle Jawhide whose posts are usually spot on.But what I would say is,if you are not sure how to spell a word look it up,it shows a little respect to the people who subsequently read the posts.Sorry if I upset you Jawhide.
Posted By: j_demo Re: teaching as teen to drive - 20th Jan 2013 12:40pm
there's no h...
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: teaching as teen to drive - 20th Jan 2013 12:57pm
there's no h...
Well it just goes to show doesn't it?,it's not my fault if you misspell Jawhide. HaHaHa! Sorry,my bad.
Posted By: chriskay Re: teaching as teen to drive - 20th Jan 2013 1:19pm

i did however punctuate correctly so that must count for something, right?

While on the subject, how about using an uppercase letter from time to time?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral