Forums
Posted By: pebbles16 Stonehouse Rd/ Russell Road. Wallasey Village - 7th Jan 2013 9:31pm
Thinking of renting house in this area. Was wondering if it was peaceful enough to bring up 2 children. Dont mind noise, but dont want regular trouble
It were right terrible when I lived there (joke) - but then that was BECAUSE I lived there (Stonehouse) - in 1943 to 1953 smile More seriously I was never aware of problems other than the occasional bit of neighbour bickering such as you get anywhere. Generally quite a close community just post-war.

I still live fairly close and do not know of any major problems - but you really need someone with deeper local knowledge.

Best of luck whatever

Snod
i used to live around that area for about 18 years up until just over 2 years ago. well, i lived on Mosslands drive but went through there nigh on a daily basis to and from school (st mary's) and also to go to and from the kwik-save/somerfield/co-op.

every single time i went down there, there was a littel scrat (can i call them that?) asking me to go the shop for him (and it generally was a him, with an entourage of about 8 'mates') and get vodka/cider/cigarettes to which i always said no, and i'd always face a barrage of abuse from him and his mates. (i was 16+ when they were asking, bear in mind 16 used to be the legal age to buy cigarettes)

there's a fair few nice roads in that area, mosslands drive being nice, as is all parts of School Lane, Wallacre road, gainsborough road and somerset road area too. but stonehouse road and russell & radstock roads are just a bit of a shifty area if you ask me.

as i said, i only passed through and never stopped by on that road, but all of my experiences of there, i'd honestly say i personally ever want to live there. but that's just me.

hope this helped, if you want any more info, please don't hesitate to ask.
Decided against moving there now. Had a drive down that area last night. I did spot 2 front doors that had been boarded up, because the glass had been smashed at some point. The rental prices should really reflect on the road the house is in.
I have lived in Wallasey Village for 60 years,I definatly say the area is a great area to live in.
I know plenty of people who live down there and would never move.
Should I now move, my next door neighbour has a window in his door boarded up because he keeps fogetting his keys.
saltytom

Do you remember a Vic and Elsie Warmington. They lived on Leasowe Rd and had a hardware store in the village circa 1965. He was a big man, very jovial. He was my uncle.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral