Forums
Posted By: pegsgirl Winter Fuel Payment - 11th Dec 2012 9:10pm
Hi can anyone advise when the Winter Fuel Payments are sent out, my Hubby has qualified this year, he has filled in the relevant forms months ago and returned but up to now he has not had his payment, i understood it would be December!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 11th Dec 2012 9:20pm
I believe its in March, if you talking about the £130 electricity credit from British Gas or Scottish Power.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 11th Dec 2012 9:28pm
Hi rudebox, no i am talking about the Government payment for the over 60's, it a benefit the for fuel. But intriguingly what the benefit from British Gas.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 11th Dec 2012 9:36pm
My WFP has already been received

S.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 11th Dec 2012 9:40pm
Heating allowance to be paid during November/December.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 11th Dec 2012 9:47pm
Originally Posted by pegsgirl
Hi rudebox, no i am talking about the Government payment for the over 60's, it a benefit the for fuel. But intriguingly what the benefit from British Gas.
http://www.britishgas.co.uk/warmhomediscountscheme
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 11th Dec 2012 10:05pm
Ah thanks Rudebox, this is for people on benefits thank you, however the winter fuel one is for those over 60 and not means tested.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 11th Dec 2012 10:09pm
Not sure if it gets paid alphabetically by surname, so if your name begins with Y or Z you'll be at the end of the list
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 11th Dec 2012 10:40pm
Hi, my husband has had this for 2yrs now ,the first was late in arriving ,he went down to the Age Concern at the back of Asda next to The Laures Centre and they chased it up for him . Hope this helps.I,m sure first payment is £300 then £200.per year,good luck
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 11th Dec 2012 10:42pm
As a after thought we are B******,he got his about a fortnight ago.
Posted By: BigBadBorisJ Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 11th Dec 2012 11:08pm
Not had any contribution to my heating or electricity costs?

Is this something that everyone gets?
Posted By: Zubee Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 11th Dec 2012 11:17pm
Originally Posted by BigBadBorisJ

Yes everyone's entitled to it, I don't understand why you haven't received yours yet Boris?
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 11th Dec 2012 11:23pm
Originally Posted by Zubee
Originally Posted by BigBadBorisJ

Yes everyone's entitled to it, I don't understand why you haven't received yours yet Boris?
We are talking about WINTER FUEL PAYMENT for the over 60s!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 11th Dec 2012 11:51pm
Are you over 60, Boris?
Posted By: Salmon Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 12th Dec 2012 7:24am
It may be that you don't qualify in the first year so well worth ringing to check it out, you should have had it by now. We both qualify and it was paid individually over 2 weeks ago.My wife's was a bout a week before mine getting into the account.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 12th Dec 2012 8:21am
https://www.gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment/overview
Posted By: BigBadBorisJ Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 12th Dec 2012 8:50am
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Are you over 60, Boris?

Yes! Very much so!
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 12th Dec 2012 9:14am
Originally Posted by Salmon
It may be that you don't qualify in the first year so well worth ringing to check it out, you should have had it by now. We both qualify and it was paid individually over 2 weeks ago.My wife's was a bout a week before mine getting into the account.
Query ,I thought only one per household? can you clarify please .
Posted By: Salmon Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 12th Dec 2012 9:25am
It is per household/person but if only 1 qualifies they get £200 and if 2 qualify then they get £100 each. Smoke and mirrors.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 12th Dec 2012 9:28am
Of course when you get to 80 it becomes £300 or £150 each.
https://www.gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment/what-youll-get
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 12th Dec 2012 9:36am
Zubee ,message recieved and understood !!!!
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 12th Dec 2012 9:37am
Originally Posted by Salmon
It is per household/person but if only 1 qualifies they get £200 and if 2 qualify then they get £100 each. Smoke and mirrors.
Thanks for that.
Posted By: rocks Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 12th Dec 2012 11:16am
my dad got his 2wks ago

iv never heard of Warm Home Discount Scheme before though
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 12th Dec 2012 11:26am
From memory you only get first The Winter Fuel Allowance after 5th September, so say if you were sixty in October you don't get it that Xmas but have to wait for first award for it the following Xmas.

If you go to live abroad you must qualify and be resident in UK on 5th September. Worth checking Gov website. You might go to live abroad in say June, whereas if you delayed it until mid-Sep you might get fuel allowance for the rest of your life.My friend who live in Crete get the allowance although they live abroad and qualify on the NIC stamp contributions paid in UK prior to retirement.
Posted By: casper Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 12th Dec 2012 4:40pm
Its done alphabetically,this sleazeball government have messed about with it altered the qualifying age by dates of birth same as the pensions,and knocked £50 off it,they should send you a letter
Posted By: Katryn Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 12th Dec 2012 4:49pm
what happened to these payments for families on low income/income support?
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Winter Fuel Payment - 12th Dec 2012 6:06pm
Hi just to update you hubby rang today was told they never recieved his application back. He asked "so dont you send out reminders" was told No! We assume if we dont get form back then you dont want it!!!! Who in their right mind Wouldnt want it??? Consequences are he has to re-apply but sadly wont get it till next March. My question is how many people arent getting it who should be?? Boris on here for 1.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral