Forums
Posted By: Chorizo The four bridges - 17th Nov 2012 1:10pm
Does anyone know when the bridges will be open again? I'm sure I read somewhere it would open on the 14th of November, but I have also seen the signs saying 4 months from august.

Cheers
Posted By: missmahjong Re: The four bridges - 17th Nov 2012 3:00pm
i dont know, but i hope its SOONER THAN LATER!!!!!
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: The four bridges - 17th Nov 2012 4:21pm
No idea, but I think they have shares in Shell all the extra driving I am having to do.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The four bridges - 17th Nov 2012 4:26pm
Looks like the bridge near the clock tower is finished, still got the other one to do.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: The four bridges - 17th Nov 2012 5:03pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Looks like the bridge near the clock tower is finished, still got the other one to do.
i noticed that this morning!!
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: The four bridges - 17th Nov 2012 5:46pm
According to the Wirral Globe it's reopening on the 31st November. I would put the link up but the website keeps crashing for me. Go on the website and look at the traffic updates for tower road.
Posted By: kendo Re: The four bridges - 17th Nov 2012 6:48pm
yipee There are only 30 days in November!!
Posted By: DavidB Re: The four bridges - 17th Nov 2012 8:54pm
They were servicing the motors on the second bridge - the other one is getting painted. Is a bit of a pain in the ass.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: The four bridges - 18th Nov 2012 12:41am
Oh Yes! Nice one Kendo.
Posted By: Zimmer Re: The four bridges - 18th Nov 2012 5:06am
They're still open to pedestrians, which is actually quite considerate when you think they could have completely closed them, understand that for vehicles it is quite a pain but it could have been worse; just drawing a positive for people who may visit, take sides with the motorist and gain a 100% negative vibe from this, there's at least some positivity to be taken from it. And to those wondering about the bridge nearest the round about - I'd expect this one will have its' work completed at a quicker rate than the 1st one, since if you think about it it allows commercial ships to pass in and out to the Mersey and time = money in that situation, we shall see, watch the space :-)

p.s. if anyone can correct me on the time scale feel free mine is just a guess [off to check if the newspaper said 31st nov... that would be funny :-) ]
Posted By: mrhanky Re: The four bridges - 18th Nov 2012 9:03am
it's a pain for the businesses on the way to the bridges, kelvin road, birkenhead road etc as it's dead around there now as there is no passing trade and if you have to pop over to birkenhead for bit now it takes about twenty minutes longer due to the congestion caused bt yhte bridges being shut.

Posted By: Dilly Re: The four bridges - 18th Nov 2012 9:23am
anyone remember about 15~20 years ago,they said they would be closed for around 3 months, they were closed for over 2 years. sorry to spread glum on a Sunday.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The four bridges - 18th Nov 2012 12:40pm
When I were a nipper I remember the one by the college being stuck up in the air for years.
Posted By: Dilly Re: The four bridges - 18th Nov 2012 12:52pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
anyone remember about 15~20 years ago,they said they would be closed for around 3 months, they were closed for over 2 years. sorry to spread glum on a Sunday.

should have read gloom.
Posted By: Zubee Re: The four bridges - 19th Nov 2012 10:17pm
In Japan they have a tsunami and then rebuild a major road within 3 weeks. Here it takes 4 months to paint and do maintenance on 2 bridges. The mind boggles crazy

But hey, at least it hasn't effected the Irish ferry which must be a relief to most of us. Never mind all the locals who use it every day, making their once 5 - 10 minute journeys during rush hour now take over half an hour....
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The four bridges - 19th Nov 2012 11:23pm
As a pedestrian, I appreciate the consideration. haha. nooooooi!

I do like the novelty of walking in the middle of the road, tho, and jumping up and down on the centre of the landscaped roundabout!!

I encountered Mancunian holiday makers the other week tho. They could not get their heads around the re-directions, had screaming kids in the back.

'Do a right right, right' does not cut it with strangers to the area, nor Liverpool taxi drivers.....
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: The four bridges - 20th Nov 2012 2:09pm
I suppose they could've just left them to rust and fall into the basin, much better than inconveniencing drivers for a while, eh?
Posted By: Zubee Re: The four bridges - 20th Nov 2012 3:48pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
I suppose they could've just left them to rust and fall into the basin, much better than inconveniencing drivers for a while, eh?

No, but 4 months???
Posted By: Sneezy Re: The four bridges - 20th Nov 2012 4:25pm
We should be able to claim for all the extra mileage/petrol !!
Posted By: Morgan2012 Re: The four bridges - 20th Nov 2012 4:31pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
As a pedestrian, I appreciate the consideration. haha. nooooooi!

I do like the novelty of walking in the middle of the road, tho, and jumping up and down on the centre of the landscaped roundabout!!

I encountered Mancunian holiday makers the other week tho. They could not get their heads around the re-directions, had screaming kids in the back.

'Do a right right, right' does not cut it with strangers to the area, nor Liverpool taxi drivers.....
Not so sure about that remark Mate.l do agree with Bandi though.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The four bridges - 20th Nov 2012 4:44pm
They better have sorted those damn ramps on the enter and exit of the bridge!!!
Posted By: Chorizo Re: The four bridges - 20th Nov 2012 8:34pm
They do need maintaining I agree bandy but surely they could have dine some of this when it was closed last year!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral