Forums
Posted By: Laulau Europa pools - 28th Oct 2012 11:17pm
Hi all, my 8 year old son has swimming with school for the next 2 weeks. The swimming lessons are taking place each afternoon at Europa Pools. The letter sent home by the school regarding this states that boys must wear TIGHT swimming trunks and not loose shorts. Apparently this rule has been put in place by Europa Pools. Does anyone have any idea why this rule has been put in place as I find it strange. Why can't my son wear his normal swimming shorts which do not put him on display!!!!!
Posted By: TheDr Re: Europa pools - 28th Oct 2012 11:42pm
Pure guesswork here.

It "may" be a safety thing, loose shorts being pulled against the filtration system

However I think it might just be badly worded, a lot of lads wear loose shorts that are not designed for swimming (gym shorts, basketball shorts etc) they don't have drawstrings on them and can quite easily come off in the pool. By saying they need to wear "tight" shorts I don't think they mean anything more than shorts that can be pulled "tight" (have a drawstring) so they don't come off.
Posted By: cathie Re: Europa pools - 29th Oct 2012 6:16am
Having seen the swimming schools training there, I would say you need "proper" swimming trunks, you can get ones with longer legs so they're not so much "speedos" but they're still tight.
Posted By: Laulau Re: Europa pools - 29th Oct 2012 8:56am
That's what I managed to get for him in the end. I just don't understand why he can't wear his normal swimming shorts.
Posted By: starakita Re: Europa pools - 29th Oct 2012 9:17am
It was the same when my kids went swimming with school at the oval,the girls had to wear swimming costumes & the boys had to wear swimming trunks.My boys wore short swimshorts, its the long style theyre not allowed to wear probably health & safety
Posted By: Laulau Re: Europa pools - 29th Oct 2012 8:07pm
Hi, spoke to Europa pools and the school re this today and both have denied they made the rule!!! The letter from the school was scanned in and e-mailed to the manager at Europa pools who is looking into it. The school are now sending out a new letter saying any trunks can be worn and that the old letter was apparently badly worded!!!!
Posted By: oscarpops Re: Europa pools - 29th Oct 2012 11:03pm
My kids went swimming with the school at europa pools the boys could wear shorts but they have to be above the knees just for safety reasons no bermuda shorts
© Wirral-Wikiwirral