Forums
Posted By: dippy Accident at Clatterbridge roundabout/M53 08/09/12 - 9th Sep 2012 11:18am
Does anyone know why Clatterbridge roundabout was closed yesterday,cordoned off by two police cars. Had to get on the motorway and found that they'd blocked traffic going both ways and there was a large queue of waiting traffic. Happened around 6pm yesterday. Thanks!
The on slip road was closed when I came through yesterday late afternoon as they were doing roadworks in lane 1 just after the junction.
Yeah, I know about that. Just there were two police volvos blocking traffic from Bebington to Clatterbridge so I had to join the motorway towards Eastham, it was empty, no traffic going either way and when I got a bit further down there was another police car and an ambulance stopping traffic from driving up towards Clatterbridge and Liverpool. There was quite a big tailback, and I can only assume they'd blocked traffic the other way as there was no traffic my side either. I thought someone might have jumped off the bridge, as that's happened a few times up there
so no accident then . . . strange title thread.
I just figured something must have gone on to require such a main roundabout being closed as well as the motorway, and to have had so many police cars/ambulances at the scene
My Grand Daughter told me it was a jumper!
More to it than road works if police and ambulances were involved
© Wirral-Wikiwirral