Forums
Posted By: Snodvan Bidston station approach - 24th Aug 2012 4:37pm
The green area between the roundabout and the station is fenced off and today the diggers have stripped the grass. I presume something is planned to be built there.

Anyone any ideas what it may be?

Snod
Posted By: SammyJones Re: Bidston station approach - 24th Aug 2012 4:44pm
Also something happening on the grassed area the other side of the roundabout towards Bidston Rise as well as on Beaufort Road where the slums used to be.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Bidston station approach - 24th Aug 2012 4:45pm
It could be an improved park-and-ride facility for the station. The Council and Merseytravel wanted funding for both Birkenhead North and Bidston but could only the have the money for one.
Posted By: SammyJones Re: Bidston station approach - 24th Aug 2012 5:36pm
That actually seems a very sensible suggestion based on what I've seen and the fact that you certainly would not want to park your car at Bhead North.

However, can imagine that roundabout becoming extremely busy and a little bit dangerous around peak times with more traffic coming and going?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bidston station approach - 24th Aug 2012 5:56pm
I think it is going to be the new location for a fancy tesco petrol station with a fancy mcdonalds drive thru opposite. I am still waiting for mayer moira to get back to me on this one so we will have to bear with her.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Bidston station approach - 24th Aug 2012 5:57pm
Originally Posted by SammyJones
That actually seems a very sensible suggestion based on what I've seen and the fact that you certainly would not want to park your car at Bhead North.

However, can imagine that roundabout becoming extremely busy and a little bit dangerous around peak times with more traffic coming and going?
why not park your car at Bhead north?
cars are safe to leave there and its free parking
Posted By: SammyJones Re: Bidston station approach - 24th Aug 2012 6:06pm
Originally Posted by kimpri1
[/quote] why not park your car at Bhead north?
cars are safe to leave there and its free parking

You forgot your sarcasm smiley.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bidston station approach - 24th Aug 2012 6:15pm
Originally Posted by Snodvan
The green area between the roundabout and the station is fenced off and today the diggers have stripped the grass. I presume something is planned to be built there.

Snod

It is going to be a merseyrail park and ride with extensive monitored CCTV.

Goodbye and farewell to Tees Street.
Posted By: SammyJones Re: Bidston station approach - 24th Aug 2012 11:22pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Originally Posted by Snodvan

Snod

It is going to be a merseyrail park and ride with extensive monitored CCTV.

Goodbye and farewell to Tees Street.

Sounds great. But that junction will be carnage, won't it?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bidston station approach - 25th Aug 2012 12:09am
No, I can't see many people using it, can you sammy J?

smile
Posted By: saltytom Re: Bidston station approach - 25th Aug 2012 7:10am
Never had a problem parking in the area and by the way Mayor Moira has gone last May.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bidston station approach - 25th Aug 2012 7:22am
What on earth does that mean salty?
Posted By: SammyJones Re: Bidston station approach - 25th Aug 2012 7:27am
What on earth does that mean salty?

He's saying he's never had a problem parking in Bhead North and the other reference to Moira was in relation to what the tool Joalex was going on about. Moira McLaughlin is no longer mayor is Wirral, it's Gerry Ellis meaning he might be waiting a fair time for a response from her!

Posted By: stu6278 Re: Bidston station approach - 25th Aug 2012 7:33am
Birkenhead North gets twice as many Liverpool trains as Bidston so it makes more sense to concentrate on building the Park and Ride there and not wasting money doing the same thing at Bidston.
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Bidston station approach - 25th Aug 2012 4:30pm
It bodes well that if the mid wirral electrification to wrexham ever happens this would be a valuable resource.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Bidston station approach - 25th Aug 2012 5:50pm
I often park in daytime at Birkenhead North so as to have a choice of trains to and from Liverpool.Have not had problem so far. I think the area has improved recently.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Bidston station approach - 25th Aug 2012 6:13pm
Had no problem with parking at the north end myself. left car ther many times over night why am in Liverpool. Grove road is the one to avoid.
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Bidston station approach - 25th Aug 2012 6:28pm
Originally Posted by paxvobiscum
I often park in daytime at Birkenhead North so as to have a choice of trains to and from Liverpool.Have not had problem so far. I think the area has improved recently.

What a coincidence, cos since a lot of Birkenhead riff raff has been shifted to Wallasey , that area has gone downhill recently.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bidston station approach - 25th Aug 2012 6:37pm
Originally Posted by Toffeenose

What a coincidence, cos since a lot of Birkenhead riff raff has been shifted to Wallasey , that area has gone downhill recently.

Hence the stabbing on seabank rd.
Posted By: SammyJones Re: Bidston station approach - 26th Aug 2012 4:05am
Originally Posted by Toffeenose

Hence the stabbing on seabank rd.

Sorry, as a consequence of Birkenhead residents being 'shifted' to Wallasey, there has been a stabbing on Seabank Road? Source please?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral