Forums
Posted By: mikroc Car taxing - 21st Aug 2012 2:38pm
Can you tax cars at wallasey village post office ?
Posted By: Salmon Re: Car taxing - 21st Aug 2012 2:49pm
Not according to their website, nearest is Liscard Willage or Victoria Road New Brighton but why not do it online, dead easy and very quick.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Car taxing - 21st Aug 2012 2:50pm
ring them up

Grove Road Post Office

260 Wallasey Village
Wallasey
0151 639 1814

Posted By: mikroc Re: Car taxing - 21st Aug 2012 4:04pm
If done online is is shown on police database as taxes immediately
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Car taxing - 21st Aug 2012 4:05pm
you can also tax your car at west kirby post office ..[just done mine there]
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Car taxing - 21st Aug 2012 9:51pm
Originally Posted by mikroc
Yes
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Car taxing - 21st Aug 2012 10:28pm

still an offence to use vehicle on the road without a valid rfl being displayed.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Car taxing - 21st Aug 2012 10:35pm
If you choose to drive your vehicle on a road without displaying a valid tax disc then you commit an offence and risk getting fined.

However there is an exemption for the first 5 working days of the month from displaying a valid tax disc. The exemption will only apply in the month when the tax disc commences and where an application for a new tax disc has been made before the old one expires. Drivers should continue to display the previous tax disc until the new one arrives. After 5 days the offence will be committed if the new tax disc is not displayed.

Purchasing a tax disc on line can take up to 5 days so make sure you do it in plenty of time.

Source https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q665.htm
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Car taxing - 21st Aug 2012 11:14pm
withthat
Posted By: reddragon Re: Car taxing - 21st Aug 2012 11:24pm
can you tax a car this early for next month or are you retaxing from last month ?
Posted By: silvertigra Re: Car taxing - 22nd Aug 2012 8:52am
I think you can tax it 2 weeks before it is due
Posted By: reddragon Re: Car taxing - 22nd Aug 2012 8:58am
thx silvertigra
something learnt today smile
Posted By: dave_h Re: Car taxing - 22nd Aug 2012 8:59am
Originally Posted by mrhanky

still an offence to use vehicle on the road without a valid rfl being displayed.

you get 5 days grace of current tax disc running out after that u cud be done
Posted By: dave_h Re: Car taxing - 22nd Aug 2012 9:01am
Originally Posted by reddragon
can you tax a car this early for next month or are you retaxing from last month ?

on the renewal i got my tax runs out end of this month but it says dont apply before 5th august
Posted By: TheDr Re: Car taxing - 22nd Aug 2012 9:42am
Originally Posted by dave_h
Originally Posted by reddragon

on the renewal i got my tax runs out end of this month but it says dont apply before 5th august

That's because they tend to be snowed under with people taxing for THAT month at the beginning of the month, and also it can mean that you lose a month by taxing it twice.

You can tax a car whilst it is already taxed, and the system is quite happy to let you, there is no check to stop this, therefore if you'd have taxed it two weeks ago (5th Aug), it would have started the tax from 1st Aug and would have been a duplicate of the one you already have expiring end of Aug.

If you tax it now, either at a Post Office or online, it shouldn't be a problem. Whenever I do they always arrive within a few days.

Not "displaying" your tax disc is an offence, but if you actually have one, and the system shows that you do, unless it is suspected that you are not showing it for some other reason it is unlikely to cause you any great issue as the paperwork is too great for an offence that the CPS would dump once they saw your vehicle was actually taxed anyway.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral