Forums
Posted By: Sarah_ZR claughton village police - 14th Aug 2012 8:18pm
Me and Ste just in our way out and claughton village is closed off ?
Police cars blocked road
Anyone know what's going on ?
Posted By: gigboat Re: claughton village police - 14th Aug 2012 8:29pm
just past there b4 looks like someone or something is under a bus
Posted By: dodyfish Re: claughton village police - 14th Aug 2012 8:34pm
Hi,

There was a crash earlier with a bus and a car frown
Posted By: alfiemag Re: claughton village police - 14th Aug 2012 8:38pm
Oh sounds bad.
There was a road this morning two police cars blocking entrance to a side street and blue tape across in Claughton the one with the pub in side street.
Posted By: dodyfish Re: claughton village police - 14th Aug 2012 8:39pm
Hmm, didn't know about that! Hope everyone is ok frown
Posted By: Scooby Re: claughton village police - 15th Aug 2012 12:58am
A double decker bus was travelling from Ford Hill to Birkenhead doing about 30 mph, a Corsa was travelling towards the North End from Oxton direction also doing approx 30 mph and neither slowed down or took any avoiding action and they collided. The driver was okay but badly shaken and in shock, unfortunatly the front and rear seat passengers had to be cut free from the car and were rushed to hospital but it did not look pretty. Colas (Council contractors) have reported there was a fatality. The road has been closed from about 8.00pm until about 2.00am as police investigators have been gathering evidence so it does not look good. The driver was about 20 years old and from Moreton. The front seat passenger was about 18 or so and the rear passenger was younger i think but it was hard to tell as they were not in a good way at all.

I do have names and a photo of the incident after the ambulances left the scene with the occupants of the Corsa but think its best not to post them on here until its known the condition of the lads. Hope and prey they are okay..... God Bless them !
Originally Posted by Sarah_ZR
Me and Ste just in our way out and claughton village is closed off ?
Police cars blocked road
Anyone know what's going on ?
Merseyside Police is appealing for witnesses after a teenager was killed in a road traffic collision in Wirral last night .

Officers were called to Upton Road, close to the junction of Tollemache Road, Claughton at 7.30pm following reports of a two vehicle collision.

On arrival they found that an Arriva bus had been in collision with a silver Vauxhall Corsa car. The three occupants of the car were all injured in the collision and were taken to hospital.

A 19-year-old man from Saughall Massey who was one of two passengers in the car was later pronounced dead at hospital.

The second passenger, also aged 19, from Meols, suffered serious injuries and is currently described as critical in hospital.

The 19 year-old driver of the car, who is from the Moreton area of Wirral, suffered minor injuries and shock and is being assessed in hospital.

The 56 year-old driver of the bus was treated at scene by paramedics and is recovering at home in Bebington.

Specially-trained officers are in the process of tracing the victim’s families to tell them what has happened and to provide on-going support. Traffic officers are at the scene and the investigation into the cause of the collision is in its early stages.

Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call Merseyside Police on 0151 777 5444, or leave information with Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Posted By: Elcheese Re: claughton village police - 15th Aug 2012 11:18am
I think this is separate incident, I was told that someone was stabbed in heather brow on Monday night near the pub so I'm not sure this is connected to the bus crash.
Posted By: Scooby Re: claughton village police - 15th Aug 2012 1:41pm
2 totally seperate incidents and approx 20 hrs appart !
© Wirral-Wikiwirral