Forums
Posted By: Ollyolly Ionic street and alpha drive rock ferry - 12th Aug 2012 7:40pm
I do know that Ionic street school is still there since I checked it out online. Lovely to see pics and it looks just the same. Alpha Drive was built much later but I don't think it exists now. Does anyone know why? I attended Ionic street from seven to eleven years old starting 1934 and then to Alpha Drive. I still correspond with a couple of my school friends.
Posted By: diana45 Re: Ionic street and alpha drive rock ferry - 12th Aug 2012 9:02pm
alpha drive was changed to kirklands secondary modern and demolished quite a few years ago its now a small housing estate i think there wasnt enough kids to go there after the baby boom grew up i was one of them i went to ionic and kirklands but i left in 1960
Posted By: futurepast Re: Ionic street and alpha drive rock ferry - 12th Aug 2012 9:34pm
I went to the Kirklands (the Kirks) as a 16 year old school leaver in about 1983 to do a yts course in construction, spent most of my time in the kitchen with the girls, I remember they had a car mechanics course downstairs,
Posted By: Ollyolly Re: Ionic street and alpha drive rock ferry - 13th Aug 2012 3:26am
Thanks for the info. Baby boom makes sense. It was very 'modern' when it was constructed with showers and change rooms for gym. A central quad separated the boys school area from the girls. And an open air quad in the girls section had the main and second floors running round it. I guess it was still the same in later years.?
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Ionic street and alpha drive rock ferry - 13th Aug 2012 8:39am
I remeber being their as well i was doing my city & guilds motor mechanic phase one. Why idid a yts at looker Gb & Es
© Wirral-Wikiwirral