Forums
Posted By: Zubee Noisy Boat - 3rd Aug 2012 9:14pm
Anyone know why that boat (sounds massive) is making such a bloody racket?
Posted By: Wench Re: Noisy Boat - 3rd Aug 2012 9:15pm
That'll be the QE leaving smile
Posted By: Zubee Re: Noisy Boat - 3rd Aug 2012 9:33pm
Oops! lmao Feel like a twonk now! Note to self: pay more ateention to what's going on around you raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: Noisy Boat - 3rd Aug 2012 9:35pm
raftl I only remembered this afternoon, which was too late. Not living on the front anymore means I'm missing out on loads frown
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Noisy Boat - 3rd Aug 2012 9:41pm
yer, She not long gone. Quite busy down the prom.
Posted By: Wench Re: Noisy Boat - 3rd Aug 2012 9:46pm
I used to be able to watch & photograph the ships from my kitchen window frown I love where I am now though smile Just need to remember to check ShipAIS more often raftl
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Noisy Boat - 3rd Aug 2012 10:26pm
my god , did'nt know she was here! how long is it since she was here! hubby's got photo's of her from about 2005?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Noisy Boat - 3rd Aug 2012 10:32pm
i think she got here this morning, left 10.15. very impressive.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Noisy Boat - 3rd Aug 2012 11:36pm
Missmahjong - this is the new QE, MS Queen Elizabeth launched on 11 October 2010.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Noisy Boat - 4th Aug 2012 7:48am
"Noisy boat?", obviously too young to remember the river and docks when they were really busy, ships horns all over the place and at all times. Different blasts mean different things, they tell other users in the vicinity whether the ship is intending to go ahead, astern, to port or to starboard etc. I used to know the sequences but can't remember, I'm losing it. Just in case anyone didn't know. I bet bert will come with the signals.........
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Noisy Boat - 4th Aug 2012 7:59am
Hi Bandy,you must remenber the marvellous sound of the ship's horns welcoming in the new year.I can remember back to the fifties and what a wonderful sound it was,full of joy and hopeful anticipation of what the coming year would bring.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Noisy Boat - 4th Aug 2012 8:06am
sorry my mistake,still i would loved to have seen her .was it advertized! thanks
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Noisy Boat - 4th Aug 2012 8:17am
Morning Missmahjong - this link gives the listing of cruiser berthings for 2012.

http://odyseaevents.webs.com/lcccalls.html
Posted By: TRFCKrisTRFC Re: Noisy Boat - 4th Aug 2012 8:41am
One blast for altering to stbd, 2 blasts for altering to port and three for going astern!! etc etc
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Noisy Boat - 4th Aug 2012 9:10am
Cheers Kris, it rings a bit of a bell, it's weird the memory, and I used to be on the bridge too, only as signalman I might add not as a skipper.
Ludwig,I well remember the New Years Eve racket, beautiful. I used to live on Cleveland St/Vittoria St so was very close to it and it was something we all looked forward to as kids, even the grown up used to seem happy at that time. Happy days.
Posted By: Wally Re: Noisy Boat - 4th Aug 2012 3:22pm
Although there are very few boats on the river they do still hoot at midnight on NYE - I love to hear it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral