Forums
Posted By: derekdwc The fire engine station in exmouth Street - 1st Aug 2012 9:28am
Noticed the fire engine station in Exmouth Street has now been demolished and am now wondering if a new one is being built to replace it, or if not, where will the fire engines now be dispatched from that will cover Birkenhead and other parts of Wirral?

Sods Law - where was me and my camera to take a pic before and after demolishing.

Is there a site where they tell you what, where and when buildings, streets etc are about to be demolished.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: The fire engine station in exmouth Street - 1st Aug 2012 9:37am
This is going to be the new one, on the same site.

Attached picture artist-s-impression-of-the-proposed-new-community-fire-station-in-birkenhead-300-35516254.jpg
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: The fire engine station in exmouth Street - 1st Aug 2012 10:35am
Well that one should see them alright for about 20 years then. Funny the way new buildings don't seem to last very long. I suppose it will have all mod cons and be very efficient which is all we're after but .......
Posted By: j_demo Re: The fire engine station in exmouth Street - 1st Aug 2012 12:41pm
i think the engines will (might) come from liscard during it unless they'll be stationed elsewhere temporarily...
Posted By: Gibbo Re: The fire engine station in exmouth Street - 1st Aug 2012 12:57pm
They were supposed to be sited at the TA centre in Oxton but the NIMBYs complained. Not sure where they are now.
Posted By: reddragon Re: The fire engine station in exmouth Street - 1st Aug 2012 2:00pm
or bromborough pool
Posted By: mrhanky Re: The fire engine station in exmouth Street - 1st Aug 2012 2:21pm
one of the council yards
bentinck street at the back of the old fire station .
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: The fire engine station in exmouth Street - 3rd Aug 2012 10:53pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo
They were supposed to be sited at the TA centre in Oxton but the NIMBYs complained. Not sure where they are now.

I could not believe that when I heard, I bet it would be another story if their house was on fire though oshocked
Posted By: Gibbo Re: The fire engine station in exmouth Street - 4th Aug 2012 9:20am
Despite there being only two engines on the site, and 3 emergency call outs a day I believe the residents of Chetwynd Close were not happy and stipulated that sirens were not to be used.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral